Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Pistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd Republic

Article about: by stoggie I don't know what the K represents, but I do recall one for sale that also had that marking, and it was said to be from the Krakow armoury. For all I know it could be a inspector

?

Default wz.91/98/25

Latest acquisition.........Pistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd Republic[

?

Default Sidearms

Radom accessory and Nagant wz.30Pistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd Republic

Zapiaszczacz
    ?

Default Kbk. 1898 PWU

Greetings to all
    I want to thank you for a very nice thread of Polish armament

Here is one PWU captured by the Germans and overworked, worth noting some german imperial Parts

Pistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd RepublicPistols, Rifles, Machine Guns and Crew Served Weapons of Partitioned Poland and the Polish 2nd Republic

PRE
    ?

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-section for this question, but it appears to be the best match...

One collecting interest I've been looking into lately is Polish-used French rifles and carbines. I know very little about them and only have an elementary understanding of their attributes. Following is a list of what I've been told are indicators of Polish use on French arms. Are these correct? Is anything missing?:

-Absence of 'N' marking on receiver/barrel shank
    -Presence of stamps on the receiver/barrel shank associated with Polish arms, such as 'Z' in a triangle, et al.
    -Polish eagle stamp on receiver or barrel shank
    -Absence of known interwar modifications performed on French arms
    -Mis-matched serial numbers on components

Have I missed anything, or does that cover it?

Thanks in advance,
    Pat

Pat, a good place to post your question is on the Gunboards forum. I have seen info there on French rifles used by the Poles. I am working on covering this area for the sticky, but I have been away from War Relics for a while due to circumstances so its been put on hold.

Good luck in your quest.
    Mike

PRE
    ?

Quote by dastier View Post
    Pat, a good place to post your question is on the Gunboards forum. I have seen info there on French rifles used by the Poles. I am working on covering this area for the sticky, but I have been away from War Relics for a while due to circumstances so its been put on hold.

Good luck in your quest.
    Mike
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your willingness to help! Actually, what I wrote above is a result of asking the same question of many French arms collectors on Gunboards. I'm a moderator over there, but not of the French forum. There doesn't seem to be much known of the Polish-used French arms, but that forum has a bit of a bias against the French arms that weren't strictly French used, or that were marked by the Germans, for example. I've had to contact many collectors individually. I've learned they are more helpful and forthcoming in private correspondence.

Good luck on the sticky, I'll look forward to it!
    Best,
    Pat

Pat, check in the Mauser forums on Gunboards. Do a search there. I haven't been on Gunboards for a while (same situation there for me as here) but a few of the Mauser experts are quite knowledgeable about Polish Mausers and other countries firearms used by the Polish military of the 2nd Republic.

And keep in touch Pat, I'll check my files when I have a chance. I'm pretty sure that I have more info - either pics of markngs, etc and maybe written sources as well.

I'm sort of in the hunt for a non German marked, prewar French MAS M1936 to add to my collection. I have a photograph of my father using one in France 1940. Not looking too hard at the moment though.

All the best.
    Mike

PRE
    ?

Mike,
    Will do, thanks. No rush, I'll be around! Good luck on your hunt for the MAS 1936. I see them come up from time to time on US auction sites but wouldn't have any idea about how to get one from the US to Canada. I have a July 1939 and a late May-early June 1940 MAS, but both show indications of German use. Very robust and interesting rifles.
    Best,
    Pat

I have only seen one French prewar MAS m1936 for sale up here and it was bascally a parts gun but it was original and not a German rework or postwar French rebuild. I thought the asking price was reasonable for what it was.

Unfortunately someone beat me to it.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast