Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.

Article about: Hello, I'm new to the site and hoping I could find some help I'm currently looking into finding a uniform from the Podhale Rifles Regiment, whether its a re-make/re-pro, or original, I was h

Gage
    ?

Question Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.

Hello, I'm new to the site and hoping I could find some help
    I'm currently looking into finding a uniform from the Podhale Rifles Regiment, whether its a re-make/re-pro, or original, I was hoping someone on here might have information on where to find such things.

Thank you for reading.

Hello Gage, and welcome to the forum. Finding an original pre-WW2 uniform is next to impossible. Genuine surviving Polish 2nd Republic Army uniforms are rare and very sought after by collectors. The last genuine Podhale Rifles uniform item that I'm aware of was listed on Allegro internet auction site several years.. I'll dig out the photos and post in a moment.

As far as reproductions, here's an Allegro link to a tailor located in Poland who makes uniforms to size for several branches of the pre-WW2 army. His work appears quite good:

Mundur chor

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here's a fine example of a wz.36 pattern that belonged to a 2nd Lieutenant in the 1st Podhale Rifles Regiment. This beauty sold in 2008 for the equivalent of about 3700USD/2200GBP:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.   Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.  

Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.   Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony, I see that your excellent jacket is seamed in the middle of the back, isn't it? It was against the official uniform's regulation but I am delighted anyway - it is another confirmation that wz.36 jacket from my collection (with the same exception) is of pre-war origin... In this case all apperance, details etc. matches with the rules and suggest private officer's purchase before 1939, except the back middle seam... But I found opinions that exceptions were observed and that is confirmation!
    Thank you,
    Tomasz

Hi Tomasz,

Unfortunately this one is not in my collection. Yes, it does appear to have a middle seam on the back. Thanks for your observations. I had not noticed that additional seam. Please feel free to post pictures of your uniform tunic.

Regards,
    Tony

Here you are! Seems to be a private officer's purchase for field use.
    Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.Podhale Rifles Regiment Uniform help.

Gage
    ?

A.J. Zawadzki,
    Thank you so much for your help! I'm impressed and delighted that I woke up today, to have someone give useful and inciteful information
    I love the community that you all have going here, it's so..well behaved and kind. Thank you again! I'm going to see about saving up for the tailor!

With sincerest gratitude, Gage.