Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Article about: Hello, I bought this calling card, is it 100% original pre-war. please ? Does anyone know a bit about the use of these calling cards, please ? Thank You This extract is extremely interesting

Default Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Hello,

I bought this calling card, is it 100% original pre-war. please ?

Does anyone know a bit about the use of these calling cards, please ?

Thank You

This extract is extremely interesting about the upcoming eventual punishment of the criminals of the Katyn massacre (also post-war criminals).

I think that the President represents the new Russia and knows that only by admitting the past and punishing the guilty will Russia be able to be taken seriously in world politics.

I hope he wins the political fight against Prime Minister Putin who represents the old Russian communist past.

It looks like at last we will get proper justice for this despicible crime.

The only shame is at least some of the criminals have most likely died by now.

The families and the murdered will be at last able to find peace.

Hopefully all who committed crimes in Poland or against Polish citizens will be extridited to Poland to face trial by the evidence gathered by the INR and all found guilty will be hung.

Hopefully they will televise the trial and hangings (like Saddam Hussain's trial).

The other interesting part is the upcoming opening of the Russian state archives, I hope the governments of the UK and USA follow this example as if one of the world's most secret states lead the way, if we do not follow them it will seem as though our countries have more to hide than them.

The position of Russia in 2010

President

May 5, 2010 in an extensive interview with the daily "Izvestia"President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev said that Katyn is an example of falsification of history. Also advocated for the complete declassification of documents on the Katyn massacre, and also argued the necessity of punishing those guilty of the murder of Polish officers. Russia's president described as the Katyn massacre a very dark page of (Russia's past).

I referred to it again (Historical material) highlighted. Despite this, discussions are ongoing. Why? So that the truth was hidden. That's the first. And secondly, was presented with an absolutely false position - Dmitry Medvedev stated. The time has come almost all the available archival documents relating to World War II. - We should do this, remove all security classification of the documents of that period - He said. The president also announced that, for war crimes there is no limitation period, regardless of who committed them. Those who commit them should be liable, regardless of how many years are today (..) for such crimes there is no limitation period, (...) It is a question of our moral responsibility towards future generations

The more archival material will be published with us, the more they will enjoy free access, the better. I believe that ultimately we should create such a system of military archives, which will enable every citizen of Russia and any foreigner to reach virtually free of any document, from which was taken off security classification. It's time to do so in the case of virtually all documents.

May 8, 2010 President Dmitry Medvedev gave the Polish president Bronislaw Komorowski 67 volumes of court investigation, which in 1990-2004 on the Katyn massacre Main Military Prosecutor's Office led the Russian Federation. However, these were the volumes of the investigation which had already declassified. The Russian President also said that his command will continue activities aimed at the investigation files declassified.

Parliament

November 26, 2010 Russian Pride voting adopted the draft resolution, condemning the Katyn massacre. Voted in favor of a resolution of 342 Russian parliamentarians were against the 57th Adopted a resolution entitled The Katyn tragedy and its victims, Blamed the blame for the crime of Joseph Stalin and other Soviet leaders. The materials contained in the draft resolution for many years were kept in secret archives.

Here is the link - Zbrodnia katy

Justin1939
    Last edited by justin1939; 04-23-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Default re: Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Justin,

Thanks for the political lecture and tub thumping, please bear in mind this is a non political forum, but haven't you forgotten the most important thing, the one thing that may elicit an answer, the object which you titled your thread for...???

A nice photo of the gentlemans calling card. Then you may get your answer.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default re: Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Hello,

Sorry, I forgot the photo.

Here it is.

Unfortunately in Polish history, politics is inseperable from the facts.

Either SS, Gestapo, NKVD (later KGB) and extremely unfortunately some Polish communist crimes all committed in the wartime and post-war years.

Thank You

Justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)  

Hi Justin,

The card looks good me. Such cards were widely used by pre-WW2 Polish officers, much like those used by businessmen right up to the present day.

Ned brings up an important point. While the history is inseparably intertwined with the objects we collect it is advisable to keep the focus on those objects. Straying too far into political discussion deviates from the core purpose of this forum. There are plenty of other internet forums where these topics are explored in depth, often generating heated debate.

Back to Captain Jan Filipek, posted below is the entry for this officer taken from “Katyń – Księga Cmentarna”

Captain Filipek was a veteran of the 2nd Brigade of the Polish Legions. He was retired from military service when arrested. Three times awarded the Cross of Valour, and decorated with the Cross of Independence. Married with two children.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)   Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I agree, card looks original. What are the dimensions ? Acording to "The Officer - A guide book for young officers" published in 1931 typical card should have 6x10 cm and be made of bristol paper. Text could have been printed or lithographed. There were two common types of this cards. One for formal and official usage, second for private ocassions. They could contain such informations as: name, rank, sometimes function and adress. Official cards for formal service usage should have all important informations (name/rank/function/unit/adress). Those for private occasions usualy had only the name and rank (as yours). Occasionaly some cards were in foreign languages such as very popular in those days in Poland French. One always should have both types of cards on every occasion. It was very often to write on them some ocassionaly informations as a f.e. birthday wishes etc. Acording to the book all such adnotations should be placed on the front of the card in left lower corner. Cards should always with white envelopes.

?

Default Re: Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Greetings,

Found a card in my collection also.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)  

?

Default Re: Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Hello All,

Just picked up a set of three cards for officers of the 29 PAL. One of them is for Tadeusz Anders - the brother of the more famous Wladyslaw Anders. To be honest, had no clue he had a brother!

Cheers,

Brandon
    Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)

Another nice find. Thanks for posting.

Quote by LwowAK View Post
    . . . Tadeusz Anders - the brother of the more famous Wladyslaw Anders. To be honest, had no clue he had a brother! Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)
    Three of them in fact. Posted below is a pre-war family picture with proud papa Anders and his boys.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)   Podporuznik Jan Filipek's calling card  (later promoted to Kapitan murdered at Katyn)  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne