Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

POLAND : Prussian ?? Rare badge for Military Generalgouvernement Polen !!

Article about: Thought this one was unusual !!! Hope you like !! Steve

Default POLAND : Prussian ?? Rare badge for Military Generalgouvernement Polen !!

Thought this one was unusual !!!
    Hope you like !!
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POLAND : Prussian ??  Rare badge for Military Generalgouvernement Polen !!   POLAND : Prussian ??  Rare badge for Military Generalgouvernement Polen !!  

a strange one.

...I believe its AUSTRO HUNGARIAN or PRUSSIA ...hat badge..WW1 period ...when areas of Poland were controlled by these nations military.

Quote by arrestingu View Post
    ...I believe its AUSTRO HUNGARIAN or PRUSSIA ...hat badge..WW1 period ...when areas of Poland were controlled by these nations military.
    I'm not sure it was actually known as Poland during that era!..

When World War I started, Polish territory, split during partitions between Austro-Hungary, German Empire and Russia....I believe that it refers to polish territory ,rather than a nation .

Quote by arrestingu View Post
    Thought this one was unusual !!!
    Hope you like !!
    Steve
    I do

GENERALNE GUBERNATORSTWO WOJSKOWE W POLSCE - MILITÄR GENERAL GOUVERNEMENT IN POLEN 1915-1918
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Kingdom of Poland (1916–1918)[edit]

Main article: Kingdom of Poland (1916–1918)

In 1916, attempting to increase Polish support for the Central Powers and to raise a Polish army the German and Austrian emperors declared that a new state called Kingdom of Poland would be created. The new Kingdom in reality was to be a client state under military, economical and political control by the German Reich and its territory was to be created after the war of only of a small part of the old Commonwealth, i.e. the territory of Kingdom of Poland (Privislinsky Krai), with around 30,000 square kilometers of its western areas to be annexed by Germany. Polish and Jewish population in those areas was to be expelled and replaced by German colonists. A Regency Council was established in preparations of this, forming a proto-Government, and issuing currency, called the Polish mark. German efforts to create an army serving Central Powers however met with failure, as it lacked expected volunteers for German cause.

After peace in the East was assured by the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, Germany and Austria-Hungary started a policy of creating a "Mitteleuropa" ("Central Europe") and on November 5, 1917, declared that a puppet state Kingdom of Poland might be created.

?

Default The Kingdom of Poland

The Kingdom of Poland was established on November 5th, 1916 (not 1917!)

Admittedly a first for my eyes, and an attractive badge, not to mention the interesting history involved!
    Thanks for broadening horizons with your contribution, well done!
    cheers, Glenn