Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish 1920 Hussar badge - FAKE OR NOT?

Article about: Hello guys first of all, thank you for the attention here. NOW i have been offered this pretty cool badge for reasonably low price. BUT is it an original polish hussar badge? i heard these w

adrianovanni
    ?

Default Polish 1920 Hussar badge - FAKE OR NOT?

Hello guys

first of all, thank you for the attention here.

NOW

i have been offered this pretty cool badge for reasonably low price.

Polish 1920 Hussar badge - FAKE OR NOT?Polish 1920 Hussar badge - FAKE OR NOT?Polish 1920 Hussar badge - FAKE OR NOT?Polish 1920 Hussar badge - FAKE OR NOT?

BUT

is it an original polish hussar badge? i heard these were faked heavily through the 70's and 80's.

thank you guys!

?

Reproduction without a doubt. The Olszewski spinner gives it away without a second glance, but even without it doesn't have the right multi-part construction of the originals.

Cheers,

Brandon

Hello Adrian and welcome to the forum. This is a modern copy. The maker is Zygmunt Olszewski, who may still be in business in Warsaw.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Cross-posting . . . Brandon beat me to the punch. I was trying to determine if Mr. Olszewski is still in business. It appears that someone may have bought out his operation - ??
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

adrianovanni
    ?

Thank you guys !