Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish american medals

Article about: Purchased these as a set....unfortunately no supporting documents.i know the hallers medal and the commemorative service medal.????is the medal with the wounded figure a medal awarded posthu

Default Polish american medals

Purchased these as a set....unfortunately no supporting documents.i know the hallers medal and the commemorative service medal.????is the medal with the wounded figure a medal awarded posthumously?and the other is a commemorative cross...not quite sure as to the significance of this piece ,and do any of you guys have any award documents that could be posted to show me their relevance.thanks.Attachment 316567Attachment 316568Attachment 316569Attachment 316570Attachment 316571Attachment 316572

Default Re: Polish american medals

Hello Starszy and welcome to the forum,

These are veteran issues from the 1960/70's. Three of them, and also possibly the ‘Haller Swords’ were issued by the Association Of Polish Army Veteran’s in America (S.W.A.P. - Stowarzyszenie Weteranów Armii Polskiej w Ameryce). The medal with the fallen soldier and text (translated ) "On Guard" is the Medal for Merit of this organization. I have award documents and will post once pictures taken.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne