MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

polish army 1930,s

Article about: picture of my fathers brother Henryk Burak taken sometime in 1930,s , my father Edward Burak served in anders army however Henryk didnt get captured by the russians or germans as far as we a

Default polish army 1930,s

picture of my fathers brother Henryk Burak taken sometime in 1930,s , my father Edward Burak served in anders army however Henryk didnt get captured by the russians or germans as far as we are aware , all we know he did survive the war and they met up in 1962 when dad had british citizenship and went back to poland for a visit, knowing that it was safe to do so.
    regards uniform , have no idea re regiment , rank, where he fought in 1939 etc,
    any ideas??

tony Bpolish army 1930,s

Hi Tony, going from the plain unmarked epaulettes i'd say he has the rank of Private, taking a guess here on his collar tabs being a dark colour over a lighter colour, he was either a Tanker or an Electrical Mechanical Engineer!...

polish army 1930,s

Hello Tony,

The Collar Pennon might also be the Armoured Battalion Pennon as shown below :

polish army 1930,s

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Have you written to the Polish Army Records Centre at Rembertów, to see what records they have on him.

Hi adrzej, as you may have seen from my other posts I have delved right into my dads history and got records from northolt ,but I know very little of his brother ,with regards records from poland ,I,m not his closest relative and cant read or speak polish so havent even tried,even if I knew where to write to,thanks

?

Hello Tony B.

Regiment horses rifle=pułk strzelców konnych.Rogatywka=four-cornered cap wz.35, soldiers uniform wz.36.Photography from 1937-39.
    In Poland pre 1939 was 10 regiments horses rifles.Magenta color in soldier's cap.

polish army 1930,s
    Regiments of horse riflemen 1, 2, 3 and 4 received amaranth wrappers.

polish army 1930,s
    1 Rgt.he was stationed in Garwolin.

polish army 1930,s
    2.Rgt.he was stationed in Hrubieszów.

polish army 1930,s
    3.Rgt.he was stationed in Wołkowysk.

polish army 1930,s
    4.Rgt.he was stationed in Płock.

Ps.oes the picture have a stamp on the back or something written?

Best wishes

Artur

Hi artur,nothing on the photo,the area they lived was in proximity of wilno ,now belarus,I have the village name at home but away till tomoro,

Prior to 1939 lived in Mołodeczno, county of Wilno, Poland (now Belarus),

In my opinion the photo was taken somewhere in between 1936-39. He is wearing new type uniform as well as the new garrison cap. It is quite probable that this is a uniform of Armoured Batalion. The shape of the collar insignia is unique and for sure cant be mistaken with cavalry as Artur pointed. Soldier is in a rank of a private. Cant say nothing more, cause no more details are visible. I attach a pic of a similar configuration from the collection of Polish Army Museum in Warsaw. In general the same stuff but with slightly different rank.

polish army 1930,s