MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Army Photo Album Witold Pikiel

Article about: I have recently picked up,at an auction in the UK,a professionally produced album of Military photographs circa the early 1930s.It features over 80 photographs ranging from The President,Mar

Default Polish Army Photo Album Witold Pikiel

I have recently picked up,at an auction in the UK,a professionally produced album of Military photographs circa the early 1930s.It features over 80 photographs ranging from The President,Marshall Pilsudski,Generals,Troops on Parade,training and on manoeuvres.Some cracking shots in there and all pretty good clear pictures rather than snapshots.All are captioned in Polish and in French,It appears to be the work of Witold Pikiel who I believe was an official photographer.I am just looking at the many images but will want to sell this on to someone who really appreciates it,Probably on ebay.I think it would be better kept together rather than split into individual pictures but I wonder what sort of value I should market it at? Any information or guidance would be appreciated.Polish Army Photo Album Witold PikielPolish Army Photo Album Witold Pikiel

I have attempted a quick scan of a couple of pages to give an idea
    Thanks

Hi,

If the photo prints are stuck to the pages removing them to sell on will damage them by tearing the backing on the prints and cracking the surface emulsion layer if not careful. How many copies of this album were printed? Given the pre-printed captions on the album pages more than just the one. Is there a cover to the album and a printed title page?

But, may I ask what leads to you think it is worth more or less than you paid for it to someone else? Did you think it was undervalued when you purchased it? If not the market value is what you paid for it, which was...?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.