Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Army Photos and letters.

Article about: Hello, Im not sure if this is the correct forum. This is a collection of photos of my grandfather father in poland, really dont know much about it, my grandfather died im 2004 and was very r

Default Polish Army Photos and letters.

Hello, Im not sure if this is the correct forum.

This is a collection of photos of my grandfather father in poland, really dont know much about it, my grandfather died im 2004 and was very reserv about war.
    And a letter there i canĀ“t translate but i think is a story or something about a fighter in ww.

Any information will be very appreciate.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Army Photos and letters.   Polish Army Photos and letters.  

Polish Army Photos and letters.   Polish Army Photos and letters.  

Polish Army Photos and letters.  

Default Re: Polish Army Photos and letters.

Hi. Very interesting group. Typed letter (4 pages) is part of something larger, 8 pages at least. I polish , talking about encounter with Bolsheviks.

Thanks for reply, it is a very interesting group. About the letter im trying to know if this pages are part of a book or Was typed from some soldier in the front line.

Hi kilmyneo, the typed sheets appears to be a manuscript, complete with edits and corrections. As mentioned earlier, it mentions Bolsheviks, so possibly an account of the war with the Poles in 1920. The photo showing the fellow in the Russian shapka next to his wife pictures your father's parents on Nov 25, 1917 near the city of Minsk. I'll move this over to the pre-WW2 section of the forum where you may get some more information.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Aj. this is great information, i will try to research more about it, trying to find a relation between the letter and the photos. Thanks so much!.

Happy to help, if only in that minimal way. I quickly read a little bit more of the text and it talks of Polish prisoners of the Russians. Also, as you probably know, three of the photos show soldiers wearing Imperial Russian uniforms. So instead of the Polish/Bolshevik war, the account may be of Poles conscripted into the Czarist Army during the Russian Revolution - ??

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Oh this is a surprise for me, i always think that the soldiers in the pictures where Polish soldiers ( i cant figure it which of this pictures where Russians. My grandfather ( Son of the soldier that is drinking with another in the picture) told me that they lived in the border with the Russian, in a Town named Radowidce, or Cwirki...earlier that they come to Argentina in 1935. He also told me that they hate Russian and Germans because they, in same way beath, rape and shoot polish. Thanks again AJ.

Quote by kilmyneo View Post
    . . . I always think that the soldiers in the pictures where Polish soldiers . . .
    Poles wearing Russian uniforms. Remember that before 1918 Poland as a sovereign nation did not exist. For 123 years Poland was partitioned by Prussia, the Austrian Empire and the Russian Empire.

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 09-02-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: sloppy spelling

Im not fluent in Polish Klimyneo but from what i gather from what im looking at is pictures of Poles in Polish Army and before that in the Czarist Army proberly as not so willing conscipts, everything is written in Polish which shows there is no identification with the Russians at all..... One gives a date of 1917 and mentions the area of Minsk, and the town and the village, however i cant make it out right now and no doubt it will be in some old text as its now in the boarders of one of Poland niebourghs from hell, belarus. The documents seem to be a personal account, maybe a self biography of Military report. The only thing i can think of from this is that your family was are Polish who were at one time in the Russian army and then when Poland was taken back joined the Polish forces to fight the soviets in the Polish-soviet War....

To be exact on the back of one photo it mentions a place called Słuck

The link below is in Polish and explains lot more however the english language tab which im sure you will use explains a lot less:

Słuck - S

Does the surname Gedycki mean anything to you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast