MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Polish badge 303

Article about: Hi, I agree with StefanM that presented by Janek badge is not original. I can help you only with attached below picture of the Eskadra Kościuszkowska badge: Regards, Jacek

Hi,

I agree with StefanM that presented by Janek badge is not original.

I can help you only with attached below picture of the Eskadra Kościuszkowska badge:

Polish badge 303

Regards,
    Jacek

?

Default 303 /7th Eskadra

Thanks for posting Coopers' badge.......that's closest I'll get to seeing an original one.

Some years ago at the Show of Shows a well travelled dealer of Polish Militaria had an authentic ( as near as I could tell at the time) Polish made 7th Eskadra badge. The buyer did not want me to se what he was buying at the time of the exchange..we both new each other to be serious Polish collectors..the dealer just produced it against the buyers objections..there was some hemming and hawing on price.......I piped in.....Hell, I'll buy it for that........needless to say the buyer was not amused.......I apologized and excused myself form the dealings.......later the gleeful buyer showed off his prize..........again as best as I can judge an original 7th Eskadra badge.......that someone took a die set to and stamped 303 at the six o'clock position.......ruining what was an excellent example of an original badge.

I made m observation to the buyer..he explained it away as a piece taken to England after the September campaign, etc. Thankfully, the vendor gave a money back guarantee.
    Some months later I learned the buyer returned the badge after conferring with some people who are on this site and PAF vets in the UK.

Sometimes we all want it to be real......even if we know differently.

Great research on everyones part to objectively assess the badge posted.
    cheers,
    Piwo

Stefan Iam sorry I am no good at posting pics,but will try later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3