Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish bayonet question

Article about: hello! i have the attached polish bayonet fb radom,my question is will someone can tell me what means the letters ''7''and ''y'' on both sides the FB radom inscription,is this something like

Default Polish bayonet question

hello! i have the attached polish bayonet fb radom,my question is will someone can tell me what means the letters ''7''and ''y'' on both sides the FB radom inscription,is this something like serial number?
    best wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish bayonet question   Polish bayonet question  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish bayonet question 

?

The small letters and numbers on the ricasso of your WZ 28 model bayonet are inspector/inspection marks. Some are stamped openly and others are sometimes found inside ovals, squares,triangles and rectangles. I am unsure if each one represents a specific inspector or a group of inspectors.

I have a WZ 28 in similar condition as yours. Most I have seen are in fair to poor condition. This later model did not hold up well over time in my experience.

Jim

Thread relocated to correct forum.

Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default 1939 bayonet

I saw this Polish bayonet at a militaria show in Chicago this past weekend.

The owner told me it was very late production in 1939.

Comments are welcome. There is NO markers mark on the opposite side.

Polish bayonet questionPolish bayonet questionPolish bayonet questionPolish bayonet question

?

In my opinion it is a polished up 1928 model, to my knowledge all of the "mobilization" bayonets were all marked 1939. Looks like a proper scabbard and frog though. The reason someone would market it as a 1939 model is that the 39's bring twice as much.

Jim

?

There is no markers mark on the opposite side of the bayonet.

I have never seen one without the manufacturers name on it. ie: FB RADOM or PERKUN.

It was not for sale just display.

thanks,
    Piwo

?

A beautiful example of a very late bayonet wz.29 known as "majowy". In may 1939 an order was issued for simplified markings on Radom bayonets.
    A complete example quite a find.