Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses

Article about: Moved from the Polish Armed Forces in the West forum: by robert odulinski Hi guys just two more, i bought these from the professor about 3 years ago. I cant get a definitive answer from anyo

Default Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses

Moved from the Polish Armed Forces in the West forum:

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Hi guys just two more, i bought these from the professor about 3 years ago. I cant get a definitive answer from anyone on these two, due to the fact that they were apparently produced in a variety of ways ie cast struck etc. Any thoughts, i would be very grateful, as i have taken them out of my cabinet.
    Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses   Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Wink Re: Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses

Hi!!!!

Those croses are "Volunteer Army Croses 1920" , signature A.O. mins "Armia Ochotnicza 1920", cros in the left is version for cavalery , in right for artillery
    , sory for my english
    regards from Poland
    allen'

?

Default Re: Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses

Welcome Allen
    I hope you enjoy looking and posting on the Polish forum ..

Regards

Gary J.

Hello Allen, welcome and thank you for your comments!

We are hoping to establish authenticity, which is not made any easier by virtue of the crude character of these crosses.

In my opinion the Artillery cross on the right is genuine. It is just like the one in my collection, which I know to be real (I’ll post a picture later). The A.O. marked one on the left appears OK, but I am not certain. Hoping that someone can post a known genuine example for comparison.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

3mk
    ?

Welcome to the forum Allen

As for the cross`s, I agree with Tony that the cross on the right is okay, But the back of the cross on the left looks abit weird to me.

Here are some examples I found online which in my opinion are originals
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses   Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses  

Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses   Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses  

Hallo!!
    I found foto of cros for air forces and cavalery, they are 100% orginal.
    regards
    allen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses 

As promised, here’s my Artillery Volunteers cross stacked up against the example in Wojciech Stela’s book. The ribbon is a replacement.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish-Bolshevik War Volunteer Army Crosses  

Hi guys thank you very much for your comments i know for sure that one is good so im realy pleased, back it goes into my display cabinet.
    Rob