Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?

Article about: I have bought this Polish border Plaque/sign. I have looked up the form of the eagle and seen it dates from 1919-1927 (classicist version), instead of the baroque version from 1927-1939. Mea

Default Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?

I have bought this Polish border Plaque/sign.

I have looked up the form of the eagle and seen it dates from 1919-1927 (classicist version), instead of the baroque version from 1927-1939. Meaning it must be a early version from the first half of the 2RP.

It seems to have been cast with great skill and attention to detail.

Do you know where would it have been attached to, please ?

Is it 100% original ?

I have attached the pictures.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?   Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?  

Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?  

?

Default Re: Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?

The only comment I can really make, is that the cast looks to be freshly sand blasted.
    This was most probably done because of the amount of corrosion to the sign, .. which in one sense is not a bad thing, as this would have taken some time to have built up.

Gary J.

Default Re: Polish border plaque/sign - taken by the Germans as a souvenir in 1939 - 100% original ?

The seller says that it is made of cast iron.

Here are its measurements and weight, Height approx. 29.30 cm, width approx. 20.00 cm, strength approx. 2.00 cm, weight approx. 4.84 kg.

Do you think these measurements and weight sound right for a original pre-war example.

Thank You

Justin1939