Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Document (or part of)

Article about: Hi all. I got this with a lot of other items from Poland and was wondering what it is? Clearly some sort of identification booklet, but I don't know whether it is civilian or military. If an

Default Polish Document (or part of)

Hi all. I got this with a lot of other items from Poland and was wondering what it is? Clearly some sort of identification booklet, but I don't know whether it is civilian or military. If anyone can assist it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Document (or part of)   Polish Document (or part of)  

Polish Document (or part of)  

This is a part of the Polish pre-war military booklet (“Książeczka Wojskowa”). This kind of document referred to German Wehrpass containing all military records and was kept at home when not in military service or kept in unit's office when soldier was in service. The other kind of document was “Legitymacja osobista” (Personal ID Card – equivalent of the German Soldbuch) and was in soldier’s possession during military service only (consisted of two pages with essential information necessary for soldier identification e.g. by Military Police).

Thank you for the information Tomasz70. Good news for me that it is military, although not complete, still pretty cool. Cheers.