Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Eagle badge wz.19, brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier.

Article about: Hello, Here's my pre-WW2 Eagle badge wz.19, It was brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier after the September Campaign 1939, item found in Germany (veteran family) Ea

Default Polish Eagle badge wz.19, brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier.

Hello,

Here's my pre-WW2 Eagle badge wz.19, It was brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier after the September Campaign 1939, item found in Germany (veteran family)
    Eagle wz.19 is now in my possession.

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Eagle badge wz.19, brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier.   Polish Eagle badge wz.19, brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier.  

Polish Eagle badge wz.19, brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldier.  

Hi Alex, thanks for sharing your eagle with us. Polish "September souvenirs" still surface from time to time in Germany, and have a special aura about them, at least to me. I've also found that many of them, whether that be a uniform item, badge or decoration - remain in particularly good state of preservation. My collection contains several such items that have come to light after a family has cleared out a veterans wartime mementoes.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, Thank you kindly for your comment. It was a very good moment for me when found and obtained wz.19, to be honest. I felt good. I agree with you regarding the special aura about them, Special items. I'd like to see your "September souvenirs" someday, If you could share with us, please, I will be more than happy. Thank you.

Regards
    Alex

Hello Alex. Over the years I've purchased several items out of Germany that were directly linked to estates of veterans and also two from US veterans that had repossessed Polish items while in Germany late war / early post war. Among the items are some badges, a wz.28 dress belt, wz.31 helmet, wz.21/22 saber, and also a mobilization poster from the estate of an Austrian soldier who served in the Wehrmacht. As always, one of the golden rules is to purchase the item, not the story. But the connection to the September Campaign is rarely if ever mentioned or advertised by the seller leaving one to more or less surmise a "September connection" if enough of the prior history of the item or details about the original owner are known. This might be a good topic for a thread of its own. . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony, Thank you for your response. Seems you have great "September connection" items. Congratulation!
    Really good idea regarding new topic for a thread. Sorry for my silly question, but I don't know how to set up new topic. I'm not familiar with that, My apologies.

Regards
    Alex

Hi Alex, no need to apologize. Starting a thread is simple. First go to the main page and then click on "Post New Thread" at upper left:

Regards,
    Tony

Thank you Tony, I thought it's a bit more complicated to add new theme(thread with "Sticky"word near Title/ War Relic) than simple thread. Done! I hope anyway.

Kind Regards
    Alex