MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Polish eagles

Article about: Welcome Original? What are the patterns?

Default Polish eagles

Welcome
    Original? What are the patterns?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish eagles   Polish eagles  

Polish eagles   Polish eagles  

Hi I'm not a collector of Polish Eagles (yet) so I can't help except to suggest you may want to check https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...p-eagles-1980/ to see if any of your eagles are Exile ones.

Save that, someone much more knowledgeable than I will eventually be able to help you.

Hello, these are all pre-WW2 types. The larger badges (~55mm high) are known as the “wzór 19” (Model 1919), and the smaller ones (~40mm high) were used on ‘wedge’ caps, berets and early on also found on rogatywki, eventually replaced by the wz.19. Most of the smaller ones here appear to be of early manufacture.

Also pictures is a Silesian pattern eagle, and a small early pattern badge that might even be a patriotic rather than military piece.

As far as authenticity, it’s difficult to say for certain based on these pictures, but most of the smaller ones seem OK. I am wary of the three larger eagles. All eagle badges are being copied and artificially aged.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne