Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish hat badge ( ORZELEK )for ID

Article about: My first post so HELLO everyone, I would be grateful if anybody could help me with ID, Possible the crown has been cut off but it is hard to say. Kind Regards Artur

Rodo
    ?

Default Polish hat badge ( ORZELEK )for ID

My first post so HELLO everyone,

I would be grateful if anybody could help me with ID, Possible the crown has been cut off but it is hard to say.

Kind Regards
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish hat badge ( ORZELEK )for ID   Polish hat badge ( ORZELEK )for ID  

Hello Artur and welcome to the forum. Sorry for the slow reply. This appears to be an early pattern navy eagle. Rare badge. The photos below are taken from the Zawistowski reference. A crownless version was evidently worn.

(click on photos to enlarge)

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Rodo
    ?

Thank you very kindly Tony, you are real gentleman.

You're most welcome Rodo. The photograph of the sailor suggests that the crown might have been "cut off", rather than this being a crownless version. Either way, it's a seldom seen badge. Thanks for sharing it with us, and once again, welcome to the WRF.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne