Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Polish Headgear

Article about: Ivan you own all of these!I

Default Re: Polish Headgear

Hey Guys,

If you're interested, I have an original pre-1939 photo album full of fantasic photos of the 16th Ulan Regiment. The album is chock full of original photos from the 1920's and 1930's depicting life in this Polish cavalry unit.

Vic

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    Hey Guys,

If you're interested, I have an original pre-1939 photo album full of fantasic photos of the 16th Ulan Regiment. The album is chock full of original photos from the 1920's and 1930's depicting life in this Polish cavalry unit.

Vic
    Hi Vic,

Of course, I know the album you are referring to. It is an amazing and valuable piece of surviving history. And yes, we’d all love to see this pictures again, especially as this forum allows for the posting of higher resolution photographs. So now we can now all zoom in and drool all that much more!

Cheers,
    Tony

P.S. Vic, please start a new thread rather than posting the pictures here.

3mk
    ?

Hey Ivan If that picture was taken during the Polish-Soviet war then its very rare as only a few wz 19`s were issued during the war (not including the officer/nco version).Wz 19`s were even worn in 1939!

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Vic,

Of course, I know the album you are referring to. It is an amazing and valuable piece of surviving history. And yes, we’d all love to see this pictures again, especially as this forum allows for the posting of higher resolution photographs. So now we can now all zoom in and drool all that much more!

Cheers,
    Tony

P.S. Vic, please start a new thread rather than posting the pictures here.

Hey Tony,

I may need to take new images of the photos since the original images that you've seen were scaled in the range of 700 X 800 DPI if I remember correctly...I'll look for them when I get home.

Vic

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Ivan If that picture was taken during the Polish-Soviet war then its very rare as only a few wz 19`s were issued during the war (not including the officer/nco version).Wz 19`s were even worn in 1939!
    Perhaps it was 1921!!!! The annotation states 1920, however.

But you raise a very interesting point, and that relates to what uniforms were more commonly seen in, say, 1919 or even 1920. Wz19's? Or more likely Austro-Hungarian, German, Russian, French, British and even American uniforms that sometimes had and other times did not have proper Polish insignia on them. As a uniform and headgear collector of pieces from that period, it is by far the norm rather than the exception to see uniforms with all kinds of different combinations of tunic and insignia. I have seen supposedly informed collectors turn up their noses at legitimate tunics because they were not 100% in compliance with the uniform regulations of the time. My feeling is that the Polish soldier of 1918-21 had a few more important things to worry about....

3mk
    ?

Maybe you can post your whole collection from that period
    Indeed I even heard Japenese tunics were used!
    Regards
    Emil

As a case in point, please see the attached photo. The second officer from the left in the first row wears a British pattern tunic with Polish rank insignia. The same officer later added cavalry rank pennons to the piece. (This is a photo of officers of the 214 Ulan Regiment).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear  

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Maybe you can post your whole collection from that period

Emil
    If I did that all at once, then I would have nothing else to contribute!!! Besides, t's best in little bites. ; )

3mk
    ?

Great photo Ivan!I knew the British tunics with a stand up collar were used but now this one!Also note how the first standing officer (on the left) is wearing a wz 19 officers tunic, so is the one sitting on the table on the right.

By the way, here's the cap from that officer...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast