Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish lancer watercolour

Article about: I was wundering if anyone could informe me about what a correct price would be for thise watercolour of a Polish lancer by Kazimierz PULASKI (1861-1947). Saddly there is a big rip in the mid

Default Polish lancer watercolour

I was wundering if anyone could informe me about what a correct price would be for thise watercolour of a Polish lancer by Kazimierz PULASKI (1861-1947).
    Saddly there is a big rip in the middle of the paper .
    Thanks for your help.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish lancer watercolour  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris,

Having no exposure to the military art market I wouldn't have the foggiest about a value. It's certainly an attractive piece, although shame about the damage. Professionals are adept at amazing restoration work which you may want to consider.

I'll assume you've trying internet searches for the artist. Member Itakdalej has shared some of his wonderful Polish military art collection here and has knowledge in this field. Hopefully he'll will chime in with a comment.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Tony,

thanks for your reply.
    I am a professional restorer my self, however not for paper, but I figure the cost of it being around the 250€, by one of the collegues I have.
    I did some research about the artist (not only on internet; Mayer, Benezit, Arto), but could not find any results of watercolours by him.
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

I have not seen this painter do any watercolors, I am pretty sure he did oil paintings only. can you use a black light and see if the paper glows ?
    Typically these painters did one or the other, meaning oil painting or watercolor.
    I am checking with a friend for some more info.
    Kazimierz Pulaski, born 1861, died 1947 in Krakow, worked with famous Wojciech Kossak, if my memory is correct they had a studio in Berlin together before WW1. He painted military scenes.

Watercolour sketches were often used by artists for speed to rough out various compositions before committing to an oil painting of a chosen subject or theme.

Is the painting in question watercolour or gouache?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks for the input!
    It is a watercolour.
    I tought also that a painter ;did oil painting OR watercolour! And (most of the time!) not both.
    I did however seemed to have found a other watercolour by thise same artist, but it is not mentioned as....
    Still searching...
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris