Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Polish medal legit?

Article about: I was womndering if someone could tell me if this is genuine, or repro. I researched it, but got confused by all the good vs bads. Thanks.

schnellmann
    ?

Default Is this Polish medal legit?

I was womndering if someone could tell me if this is genuine, or repro. I researched it, but got confused by all the good vs bads. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Polish medal legit?   Is this Polish medal legit?  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Is this Polish medal legit?

Hey Schnellman
    Its a fake these were never make as there was no time to have them made during the war,and if they were made by exile then it would have the exile ribbon and not the pre-war version.

Just wondering but is the 1939 cross a fantasy or was it acually made for Poles in Exile?

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Schnellman
    Its a fake,There was a 1939 cross of valor but its very rare and it was awarded in small numbers.This one just doesnt show no age or ware
    I was afraid it was a fake. That said, I also wonder if the fact that it is mint condition is the only indication of it being a fake. How about the construction/striking of the medal? Does it look ok other than it is mint? How about the pinking shears they cut the ribbon with? Is that correct? Or is that bogus, too? I think I read somewhere that these were made someplace besides Poland.

3mk
    ?

Hey Schnellmann I redited my post,
    In my opinion these crosses were never made and are complete fantasy issues

3mk
    ?

Also read this link
    Cross of Valour

The 1939 issue is controversial. It appears that a few were possibly made, but when and by whom is unknown. Most sources consider this Cross an engraver's fantasy. These Crosses are very similar to the 1943 issue listed below. Perhaps they were made in 1943 as trials, but the date changed to 1943 to reflect Soviet influence. Replicas were made in numbers since 1975

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Schnellmann I redited my post,
    In my opinion these crosses were never made and are complete fantasy issues
    I think I read that somewhere, too !

Hi schnellmann,

Your 1939 cross is not genuine. But there apparently was a 1939 dated cross made by the Armia Krajowa (AK = Home Army = Polish underground resistance during WW2), so such a cross did exist. It is one of at least two crosses made by the resistance. They are exceptionally rare. I have one of these variants, dated 1920, but not the 1939 version. The eagle depicted in the center shield of the 1939 cross is very similar to the wz.27 national eagle. Somewherr I have pictures of an example, although a quick check of my archives came up dry (so much for being organized!). I will post when I find them.

Regards,
    T.

3mk
    ?

Yes Tony please post it!!
    Theres a video deticated to the Polish resistance and shows a officer being awarded the Cross Of Valor,I would of thought that the General awarding it stripped his own to give to the recipient (Like on a couple of occasions in the September Campaign)I would love to hear more about the AK varients.

3mk
    ?

YouTube - ?o?nierze Wykl?ci-Narodowe Si?y Zbrojne.
    On 7:39 it shows it being awarded.

3mk
    ?

YouTube - Ho?d dla NSZ(narodowe si?y zbrojne)
    0:29
    Not sure if its the Cross Of Valor being awarded,But still rare and nice picture