Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish military pay book

Article about: Hi, Would someone have an idea of what is written here? It is in Polish, and I only know it was a military pay book from 1931-1934 Can one tell what was his military position/job? why was di

Default Polish military pay book

Hi,

Would someone have an idea of what is written here? It is in Polish, and I only know it was a military pay book from 1931-1934

Can one tell what was his military position/job? why was discharged and when?

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish military pay book   Polish military pay book  

Polish military pay book   Polish military pay book  

Polish military pay book  

Default Re: Polish military pay book

Hi Neil, sorry that my Polish is so poor I can only read a few words.

The first page, at the bottom, lists the main items of kit he was issued with, blouse, boots, etc.

He was in the 11th (something) Infantry Regt.

I would imagine he was called up for his National Service?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Thanks!

I am interested in finding out if anti-Jewish sentiment rising in Poland after Hitler came to power could have caused his discharge...?

Neil.

steveaz
    ?

Hello, your pay boock is from the 11th infantry. The other documents are 11th infantry document award, or orders, The recipient was born in 1908. I have a couple of these books as well. The 1934 dated document is a Pilsudski era document appointing or promoting the recipient as I understand it.

Thank you very much!

Neil.

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    Hi Ade,

Thanks!

I am interested in finding out if anti-Jewish sentiment rising in Poland after Hitler came to power could have caused his discharge...?

Neil.
    What causes you to ask that question? Is there some evidence of anti-Jewish sentiment in the documents of the history of the soldier?

In some articles I have read in the past there was mentioning that antisemitism was on the rise in Poland, after Hitler came to power. I am trying to find information on this, and if it was so, how did it effect Jews serving in the Polish army?

?

Hi.

I will try to translate this documents, but my English is not too good.
    These are military terms, some words are illegible, and others directly translated into English may sound strange.
    I apply the simplification but the meaning will be preserve.
    I will not translate everything (because it's senseless), but the things relating to the topic.

be continued ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish military pay book   Polish military pay book  

Polish military pay book  

?

11th Infantry Regiment..............Tarnowskie Góry, day 4.VIII 1934

...................................Certificate.... ..............................................
    I certify that the rifleman of the reserve born 1908 Płott Judel, Aron David's and Bejla's son, appointed to the 9th of July to hold military exercises on the basis of article 79(...) reported in the 11th Infantry Regiment at the right time and was released on 4 August 1934.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish military pay book  

?

11th Infantry Regiment..............Tarnowskie Góry, day 8.VI 19??

...................................Certificate.... ..............................................
    I declare that rifleman Platt Judel of the 5th companie, authorized to carry the line(rope) of the sniper rifleman [I don't know how to correctly translate this into English - Sznur strzelecki strzelca wyborowego], it was given to him by order of the day (...) on the basis of orders (...) and order (...)

.................................................. ..............Commander (...)..........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In my opinion, in this case, there is no mention of any antisemitism.

Hope my translate help to you.
    Again sorry for my bad English...

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish military pay book  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast