Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?

Article about: Hello, Is this Polish (training ?) Paratroopers, or Army / Airforce Motorcycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ? I found Prewar Armed Forces motorcycle helmet reference and photographs in the o

Default Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?

Hello,

Is this Polish (training ?) Paratroopers, or Airforce / Army Motorcycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?

I found Prewar Armed Forces motorcycle helmet reference and photographs in the official Polish helmets book (by Jacek Kijak), which matched this one quite closely, the main difference being only one vent hole on either side, compared to three, on each side, in the book.

It is dated 1938 ? inside, on the linen liner bracings.

It looks like it has had plenty of use on the Battlefield, by its well worn condition, on the exterior (which would require numberous Period ? repaints, to cover the loss of paint and damage) and partly torn interior cover.

I have attached its photographs.

Thank you very much, in advance.

I look forward to reading your knowledgable opinions.

Justin

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?   Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?  

Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?   Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?  

Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?   Polish Paratroopers or Airforce / Army Motocycle helmet, 100% original Prewar ?  

There was no parachute troops in Polish Army prior WW2 (besides Military Parachute Center established a few monts before the war). I am not familiar with this type of helmet ...