Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle

Article about: by 3mk If Im right thats a very rare example, I think thats a Jan Knedler eagle these are my favorite varient of pre-war eagles.There hard to find and expensive now. No, it’s actually

Default Re: Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle

Hi Jaszczur,

Yes –another classic Grabski army eagle, the version for the ‘rogatywka’ cap with threaded post and large ‘button’ spinner.

Here’s my Grabski made “wz.36” air force version.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle   Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Jaszczur,

Yes –another classic Grabski army eagle, the version for the ‘rogatywka’ cap with threaded post and large ‘button’ spinner.

Here’s my Grabski made “wz.36” air force version.

Regards,
    Tony

Hi Tony !

Thats a beauty !!

As you know...my flock of eagles are all exile for the most part although a pre-war or two may have snuck in there unbeknownst to me !!

Vic

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    . . . As you know...my flock of eagles are all exile for the most part although a pre-war or two may have snuck in there unbeknownst to me !!
    Thanks Vic!

Well my friend, post 'em here and we'll pick out the pre-war birdies from the exiles!

Cheers,
    T.

Fellows
    This one has been in my collection for a few years, but I am not 100% sure what to think about it.

Looks like 1919 model, but if I remember correctly they are usually silver in colour and made from a thin sheet of metal.
    This one is casted (please see back) and is made of very hard “brass”

Please advice
    Perhaps made for Free Forces?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle   Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  

Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  

Wadowicznic, this is a nice complete example of a pre-war eagle. And it is stamped – not cast. In fact, look closely and you can clearly see that it is ‘double struck’.

This brass eagle is pre-1935 and most likely was originally on a rogatywka by virtue of the threaded post / nut fastening with the backing plate. After this year uniform regulations were changed to require that metal components on uniforms (buttons, belt buckles, insignia, etc.) be white metal coloured, and have an oxidized or ‘antiqued’ finish.

Nice badge!

T.

T
    Thank you for the advice – appreciated.
    In addition, market seems to be flooded with Eagles looking just “too good to be true” so I was worried a bit - thanks for clarification.

I am not at all an expert on Eagles and have been fortunate to acquire some mainly by luck over years so this forum helps me a lot to upgrade my knowledge – sorry for some basic questions on Eagles.

With respect to 1919 model - I have learned, however, that there had been a number of varieties of this Eagle. Therefore, I was not 100% about the material and technology of manufacturing.
    Large majority of the ones I have seen of this type on the occasions of buying PSZ badges had been “silver / Oxyda” – this one is brass.
    But your comments on the change of regulations that happened in 1935 partly explains it. I guess majority of Polish Soldiers who ended up outside of Poland via Romania in 1939 had been young from drafts in 1937-1939 so they had “silver” with them.

Do you know who could have been the manufacturer?
    I guess it is a relatively popular example?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Wadowicznic, this is a nice complete example of a pre-war eagle. And it is stamped – not cast. In fact, look closely and you can clearly see that it is ‘double struck’.

This brass eagle is pre-1935 and most likely was originally on a rogatywka by virtue of the threaded post / nut fastening with the backing plate. After this year uniform regulations were changed to require that metal components on uniforms (buttons, belt buckles, insignia, etc.) be white metal coloured, and have an oxidized or ‘antiqued’ finish.

Nice badge!

T.

3mk
    ?

If Im right thats a very rare example, I think thats a Jan Knedler eagle these are my favorite varient of pre-war eagles.There hard to find and expensive now.

Thank You for the info.
    Do You have a picture of a similar one or a “silver one”
    I see from some sources that knedler had its branded nut
    The one I have has not markings of manufacturer at all/
    A

Quote by 3mk View Post
    If Im right thats a very rare example, I think thats a Jan Knedler eagle these are my favorite varient of pre-war eagles.There hard to find and expensive now.

3mk
    ?

This one looks silver,as you can see there preety rare 710 zloty and 13 days to ago plus the reserve price has not been met.

ORZE?EK WZ.1919 J.KNEDLER II RP.ORYGINA?. (825897544) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

I have to say – looks expensive, but as always with things like Polish WW2 Memorabilia – it is all about sentiments

Quote by 3mk View Post
    This one looks silver,as you can see there preety rare 710 zloty and 13 days to ago plus the reserve price has not been met.

ORZE?EK WZ.1919 J.KNEDLER II RP.ORYGINA?. (825897544) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast