Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle

Article about: by 3mk If Im right thats a very rare example, I think thats a Jan Knedler eagle these are my favorite varient of pre-war eagles.There hard to find and expensive now. No, it’s actually

Default Re: Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle

Quote by 3mk View Post
    If Im right thats a very rare example, I think thats a Jan Knedler eagle these are my favorite varient of pre-war eagles.There hard to find and expensive now.
    No, it’s actually one of the more common types. And it is not a Knedler product. My avatar on the left shows the mighty Knedler.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Thank You for the info.
    Do You have a picture of a similar one or a “silver one”
    I see from some sources that knedler had its branded nut
    The one I have has not markings of manufacturer at all/
    A
    Below is one of my wz.36 eagles stamped in white metal (denoted by the “BM” for “biały metal” stamped into the reverse, another regulation by those rule obsessed Poles). This one was made by the well known eagle badge making firm of GUZPOL between 1936 and 1939, and displays the required antiqued finish.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle   Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  

3mk
    ?

oops indeed.
    Can any one post a picture of a eagle used in the Polish-Soviet war?

Thanks

Question Re: Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle

Can someone tell me if this is a legit prewar Polish cap badge? It looks to me like someone used spray lacquer on it. Please excuse my terrible photographs - not a very good camera. Thanks, dastier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle   Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  

Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  

Hi dastier,

Not pre-war. This would be a WW2 exile army badge. Possibly French made.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi!!!

Eagle looks like Polish Army Eagle in West, made in France or Great Britain
    regards
    allen

DaBear
    ?

I love this site. I have nothing to contribute as I can write everything I know about this stuff on a matchbox, but I have lots of questions!

This is the first Polish Badge I ever had. My Uncle (by marriage) gave it to me when I was very young. It was his Grandfather's. He said he was in the Polish Legion of the Russian Imperial Army. I was a kid, and may have remembered wrongly. Does this look right?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle 

3mk
    ?

Yup, Its exacly what you said it was

I would love to own one, I havent ever seen one for sale before.3 out of my Great-Grandfathers fought in the Polish Legion in the Russian Imperial Army.

DaBear
    ?

This on is just for interest. I got it from a guy in Austria, so I imagine it was a "war trophy". Scratched in the shield is "R O K 1939". Any idea what ROK may mean?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Pre-39 Cap Eagle 

3mk
    ?

Hey there,
    Rok means year, so its Year 1939.

Thats a nice example

DaBear
    ?

These both have the anchor and letters "SF" (+ BM for Bialy Metal). What is the name of this manufacturer?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast