Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Rogatywka , pre war?

Article about: Hi, I got this Polish Rogatywka and would like to know it is a pre war or LWP ? Thanks

Default Polish Rogatywka , pre war?

Hi, I got this Polish Rogatywka and would like to know it is a pre war or LWP ?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Rogatywka  , pre war?   Polish Rogatywka  , pre war?  

Polish Rogatywka  , pre war?   Polish Rogatywka  , pre war?  

Polish Rogatywka  , pre war?  
    Last edited by Janek79; 08-19-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Nice item. For 95% seems to be pre-war infantry sergeant wz.1935 cap, as suggested by details.
    5% doubts for post-war origin as some original pre-war elements were used sometimes for manufacturing 'Rogatywka" cap after 1944. Could you decipher the markings visible on the 7th photo?

While it's difficult to arrive at any conclusions without a hands on inspection, based on the pics I feel this is post war era rog using a pre-war visor and possibly other pieces such as chin strap / retaining buttons. This opinion is shared by others with more knowledge than I in this area who have viewed this hat. Lastly, I'm wary of the inconsistent wear of the components, possibly suggesting a worked over piece.

Tomasz, why do you feel this is an infantry cap?

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 09-08-2013 at 05:09 AM. Reason: grammatical clarification
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I agree with Tony's observations re apparent inconsistent wear raising cause for concerns.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    While it's difficult to arrive at any conclusions without a hands on inspection, based on the pics I feel this is post war era rog using a pre-war visor and possibly other pieces such as chin strap / retaining buttons. This opinion is shared by others with more knowledge than I. Lastly, I'm wary of the inconsistent wear of the components, possibly suggesting a worked over piece.

Tomasz, why do you feel this is an infantry cap?

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony, I understand your doubts now - I have just opened this thread with different PC and different screen and rim looks like black now - with my notebook it was rather navy blue...