Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Polish "Szabla" Wz.1934

Article about: Hi guys, I acquired this sword last week from an estate. The previous owner had liberally slathered the piece with cosmoline. It was messy but it kept the blade in great shape. Does anyone k

The most interesting part of the Smigly Rydz saber is that it was given to the Museum in 2001..... I wonder where it has been until then to look so pristine after so many years.... And that one is stamped HL and number 35 .

Reading post #13 by Tony, there is an article there and it says that the Smigly Rydz saber is the only CONFIRMED Officers saber. Article is written by Piotr Dabrowski. (not sure who he is).

Pavo if you know Jan Januszek, saber expert on Do Broni why not ask His opinion on the private purchase/Officers saber wz 34 ?

?

I wrote everything with him!

?

what on this forum of course

http://bazhum.muzhp.pl/media//files/...1-s227-237.pdf

Unfortunately only in Polish. Article from a Museum Swietokrzyskie written in 1963. Author who at that time worked for the Museum explains the difficulties in finding a saber wz 34. It turns out that at the time the wrote the article He had not found a complete example....

And the second hanger and ring on the scabbard : it is not that difficult to add a second hanger on the scabbard, I had it done on couple of my US sabers where one hanger was missing.

?

This is the first publication after the war.

Default H Ludwikowka

Dear Pavo
    I have now established that you are indeed the same person that trolled me on facebook and whom i blocked as a result of your posts which i told you i found harassing. I am particularly interested to see that on the very same day you have opened an account on the forum and launched directly into an attack on my sabers i think this says something about your motives. More to the point you have ignored all other pictures on this thread and decided to critique mine, again i find this disturbing.
    On facebook you claimed that on my sabre the letter was too close to the numbering to be authentic, this is nonsense. I showed you a verified sabre with the same issue no comment from you.
    You then decided that because it had variant stamps odbioru it was fake i showed you a similar sabre again verified and a reference in a publication which shows the same.
    Lastly you sent me a picture magnified through a microscope and claimed this was evidence that the letter on my sabre was different. These sabres are stamped by hand of course they are different. I showed and tried to discuss a published book about the wz 34 you laughed at me and said it was wrong an you were right, i blocked you.
    almost immediately you have progressed to this site straight to this site opened an account under a different name and began harassing me with your spurious evidence.
    The fact that you think the number is false is only your opinion and maybe your sidekicks this is your opinion this does not make it factual.
    The very fact that you are showing different stampings f eagles verifies the fact there are variants, why is mine not one.
    P komorowski "Szabel nam nie zabraknie" P:118 there is a picture of a prototype sabre with the number 4140, again you are claiming this is a fake, your opinion and your sidekicks. The next issue of sabre is in numbered P 119 of course you claim this is a fake.
    In fact everything appears to be fake or wrong except your opinion and spurious evidence. One article in a little known magazine again is not evidence but an argument or discussion.
    You have mailed me on my private email address and have told me that in Poland there is a secret data base of 500 sabres known to be authentic. you claim only these so far have been verified by a panel of experts who use this knowledge to help collectors identify fakes. This sounds like something out of a film.
    Your last message to me is gibberish i have no idea what it means and i have asked you to stop pestering me.

Gentleman and ladies, i am all for discussion however i feel that Mr Pavo has gone out of his way to single me out and this is not within the spirit of the forum or debate. Making claims such as fakery based on nothing more than opinion is just that one opinion. As this is a public forum you have obviously gone out of your way to degrade my collection rather than critique with an open mind based on real research. The fact that you did not answer my question earlier when i asked you if you were the same person on FB also tells me a lot about your motives.

What is interesting is Kraks opinion about the officer sabre. Again this an opinion based on an old article it doesnt mean both Len's and my sabres are wrong. ~A private purchase is just that no odbior marks etc. Ive handled these sabres and according to a fellow expert to recreate such a sabre would take at least two months as the handling weight length etc is exactly the same. I will not be posting any more swords and i would like Mr Pavo to talk about someone elses collection rather than focusing solely on mine. A recent officers sabre sold on Allegro and fetched upwards of over 20,000 zl, there were a huge amount of bidders, the sabre is exactly like mine and Len's but i guess we are all wrong except for Mr Pavo.

I will not be posting any items on this site again and im very disappointed having been a member since its inception which i fully supported. Nerve did i dream it would be used as a vehicle to harass and trash a collection for no other reason other than spite.

?

Mr Odulinski
    I have nothing against you. Please enjoy your sabers collection.

In the classified section of this forum member "aerohead" is advertising a "Polish 1934 Ludwikow sword". Is this an authentic pre WW2 example or post war reproduction?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast