Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish uniform?

Article about: Believe somebody could help. I understood the second is a Polish one. Unit? (Location as per the stamp - Tarnopol) Period? Not sure if the first one is Polish as well. Many thanks.

Default Polish uniform?

Believe somebody could help.

I understood the second is a Polish one. Unit? (Location as per the stamp - Tarnopol) Period?

Not sure if the first one is Polish as well.

Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish uniform?   Polish uniform?  

I know absolutely nothing about Polish military, but I found photos of Polish uniforms with the same insignia, so I think they are in fact Polish.

Thanks, Aleks!

Anybody could advise on units details?

Hi Mehti,

Alexander is correct. Both are Polish. The first photo posted is the earlier one and shows a cavalry ‘ulanka’. Note cavalry pennons on the collar. Both photos offer a glimpse of the uniform evolution that took place as Poland regained her independence following WW1 and quickly implemented a standardization program. The newly created Polish army was a conglomeration of men who served in the armies of the three partitioning powers (Russia, Germany and Austria) along with volunteers (i.e. General Haller’s Blue Army) overseas, so it was a real hodge podge of uniforms and equipment.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks a lot, Tony.

Any chance to find their records?

1. Wincenty Jankowski
    2. Piotr Jankowski

Hi again Mehti,

Sorry, I do not have any information on these two soldiers. Finding any information on enlisted soldiers and even junior officers from the pre-WW2 era is typically quite challenging. Best wishes in your research.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks again Tony, do appreciate your help.