Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39

Article about: by dorava who really cares about the hole in the pocket anyway? That's like someone gazing at a priceless Rembrandt and saying "The frame looks a little bit too thick". I agree tha

?

Default Re: Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39

Quote by dorava View Post
    who really cares about the hole in the pocket anyway?

That's like someone gazing at a priceless Rembrandt and saying "The frame looks a little bit too thick".
    I agree that it is a small defect but it is still a flaw. I personally pay attention to every detail.

As far as the pocket hole, the only flaw I see is that the original badge is missing! It is impossible to know when that hole was created, but suffice it to say it is in the correct spot, and something to be expected on a genuine pre-war officer’s tunic. I don’t see any problems at all with this tunic. In fact, I almost purchased it when listed in Poland several years ago by a reputable militaria dealer. There were two up for sale at the same time and I missed out on both, with the infantry tunic pictured below being the one that really caught my eye.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I too remember both tunics being offered from the Polish dealer. The infantry tunic is a textbook example.

Did this regiment Konne Przysposobienie Wojskowe - Krakusi, have its own regimental badge?

Below is a picture with originally finished holes for regimental badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

?

too bad the buttons are sewed on so messily and un aligned. usually tunics have the buttons carefully aligned

?

Forget it, the cavalry uniform is beautiful and there there is nothing to discuss. I just thought that people on this forum would not be offended by a bit of constructive criticism. We can learn new things through that. I guess everything is beautiful and perfect.
    Sorry if I offended anyone.

Hi Hubal,

No offense taken by anyone I’m sure. Your point about the hole being stitched is entirely correct, and I would actually expect to see this detailing on an officer’s tunic more often than not. So we are in agreement!

Please continue to share your knowledge with us

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Here's a 2nd lieutenant's Podhale Rifles regiment tunic that sold on Allegro back in March 2008. A very nice original survivor that generated a lot of interest.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Hubal,

No offense taken by anyone I’m sure. Your point about the hole being stitched is entirely correct, and I would actually expect to see this detailing on an officer’s tunic more often than not. So we are in agreement!

Please continue to share your knowledge with us

Cheers,
    Tony
    no offence taken by anyone except by the tunic itself
    to point out that a badge hole is stiched or not stiched
    is a totally irrelevant point with a tunic in such a clean condition...
    it is only relevant if it points out any doubt about its authenticity

its as constructive crticism as to whether the buttons are correctly aligned or not
    and I would also "... actually expect to see this detailing on an officer’s tunic more often than not"...but so what?

lets drop it
    and see more uniforms....with or without button holes

?

The tunic is very nice. It is very clean. I have no issues with its originality, except my comment about the hole. I have seen a lot of dress tunics in great condition that is why I don't get too excited when I see one.
    With regards to the alignment of buttons, the tunic was taken off a coat hanger and crunched up on the chair for the picture, you are right to point it out.

Tony, I remember the tunic from Allegro and it came with the original rogatywka. Both items went for a small fortune.
    Pozdro.

ccj
    ?

This is a good thread. I ask that those who have more photos post images for study.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast