Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Hi Semper Fidelis,

Very nice are you sure it's 0.925 and not 0.950 on the rim of the 20 Year Long Service Medal, the medal was produced by the National Mint, the 10 Year Long Service Medal came in the same packet but with the roman numeral X

You mean from the Communist period? It`s very strange because as far as i know it was find with some badges from 30`s:-)

Quote by SchokoLuck View Post
    You mean from the Communist period? It`s very strange because as far as i know it was find with some badges from 30`s:-)
    Hi SchokoLuck – yes, definitely post war Soviet occupation era. The badge design was developed during WW2 by the Polish 1st Independent Parachute Brigade based in Scotland and then adopted by the paratroops of the Polish People’s Army in occupied Poland. I believe that the numeral in the wreath represents he amounts of jumps made.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank You very much Tony, i hope it will not be very insolent from my part ,but can you give me an approximate price?
    Regards,
    Meto

Hi Meto,

I have three kids, so am somewhat desensitized to insolence . . .

I am not really up on market values for post war badges, but from everything I know these are not particularly rare. I did a quick scan of Allegro for some results. This one came back, with a closing price of 20zl (about $7)

Odznaka Skoczka Wojsk Powietrzno-Desantowych... (577878192) - Publiczne Archiwum Allegro

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Semper Fidelis,

Very nice are you sure it's 0.925 and not 0.950 on the rim of the 20 Year Long Service Medal, the medal was produced by the National Mint, the 10 Year Long Service Medal came in the same packet but with the roman numeral X
    Hello. Of course it might be 0,950 . It have probe and mint's logo stamped on the rim but it's very small so I didn't check it carefully. 10 years version came in the same manner ? Also produced by the National Mint ?Maybe someone will have a photo of the whole set of the 10 years version. I have 10 years one but just a medal without a pocket.

Cheers.

?

It is time to refresh this thread:

Badge of Military Railroad Guards

Tony, would it be OK to make this yhread sticky?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Thumbs up Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    It is time to refresh this thread:

Badge of Military Railroad Guards

Tony, would it be OK to make this yhread sticky?
    Ideed!!

Show your badges!

Sticky!!!

OK, I will bow to popular demand . . . sticky status officially granted

And to keep things rolling . . . here’s a 24th Lancers (24 Pułk Ułanów) badge made by Wiktor Gontarczyk. 45 x 45 mm, 2 part, other ranks badges. A total of 1229 were awarded.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

?

Huge thanks Tony
    Those pictures make me salivate
    Gents, do you have a link or access to polish pre-WWII badges at old forum (Wehrmacht-Awards???) ?
    Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    OK, I will bow to popular demand . . . sticky status officially granted

And to keep things rolling . . . here’s a 24th Lancers (24 Pułk Ułanów) badge made by Wiktor Gontarczyk. 45 x 45 mm, 2 part, other ranks badges. A total of 1229 were awarded.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast