Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Jaxmon, thanks for posting the Buszek version of the Wojskowa Straż Kolejowa badge. It is much scarcer than the Stanisław Lipczyński version, posted below. Although neither is seen all that often.

The quality of the Lipczyński products was second to none, and is very evident in the craftsmanship of this badge.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Tony,
    Differences are invisible. Design of this badge is a killer. It is one of the first in my collection

Lipczynski and Grabski are in my opinion second grade engravers, but still I'd love to have any of their badges

I am looking for a link to Polish pre-WWII badges at old forum (Wehrmacht-Awards). Can anybody help? Thanks guys

Hi jaxmon,

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Hi Tony,
    Differences are invisible. . . .
    There are definite differences, especially in the quality of the finer details. See comparisons below.

. . . Lipczynski . . . in my opinion second grade engravers,
    Surely you jest! The Lipczynski products that I am familiar are badges of the highest quality, every bit as well made as the best of the other pre-war makers. Please show some examples of what you would consider “second grade” workmanship by Lipczyński.

I am looking for a link to Polish pre-WWII badges at old forum (Wehrmacht-Awards). Can anybody help?
    You may want to try contacting the administration of that site for an answer. The last I looked I was also unable to find that old thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Thanks Tony, I can see now

What I meant by saying "second grade" is based on my personal preference. I regard more Gontarczyk or Nagalski then Lipczynski products. It doesn't mean, I do not collect Lipczynski badges

Pity, but it looks like Polish pre-WWII badges thread at Wehrmacht-Awards is gone forever
    Regards,
    Simon

?

Wielkopolska Army

A thing of beauty . . . Engineer Officer's School badge by Wikor Gontarczyk. Sold just recently for 6500PLN = 2100USD = 1327GBP.

T.

A superb example of the engravers workmanship and craft.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

One of several remarkable and rarely seen pre-WW2 badges sold yesterday on internet auction. This is the badge of the General Inspectorate of the Armed Forces (Generalny Inspektorat Sił Zbrojnych). A beautifully designed and crafted badge – with a hefty price tag once the hammer dropped: 25,000 zł = £4885 = US$7860 !

Pictured below is General Kazimierz Sosnkowski wearing the badge.

Regards,
    Tony

Pre-war Badge thread  

?

Yeah, I know it was expensive, but I wanted to get myself something nice. Just kidding!

Quite a few of those badges in that auction hit five figures (PLN). Who has the kind of money in Poland? I work here and know what people make...

Quote by LwowAK View Post
    . . . Who has the kind of money in Poland? ...
    The "1%" . . . Occupy Poland!

Cheers,
    T.

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast