Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

?

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Quote by Zbycho View Post
    Collar insignia of the Podhale Rifles Regiment, until 1939. Very nice, but I think it is just a copy.
    No big loss if it is, it was free with some German tinnies, we didn't know what it was.
    Pete

Here’s a rare beauty – the officer’s badge of the Army Geographic Institute Topography School, made by Warsaw based Stanisław Lipczyński. Up for public auction in several hours in Kraków. Opening bid . . . 15000 PLN = 4733 USD = 2936 GBP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Wow, lots of detail in that badge and a wonderful design! Looks to be in great condition too. Too bad about the "opening" cost, even if it is a value, it's out of reach to most.

Green

Certainly out of reach for me! It'll be interesting to see if it sells. Stay tuned . . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Certainly out of reach for me! It'll be interesting to see if it sells. Stay tuned . . .
    This is the problem with "working" for a living We should have learned to sing and dance.LOL Please post results of auction, if you get a chance.

?

Too right! A job aint nothin' but a lot of work!
    What a beautiful badge. They dont make them like that any more.

Hi Tony,

It is indeed one of the finest badges produced pre - 1939, I caught the auction half way through, there were quite a number of lots unsold including the above.

Thanks for posting

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Here is my Gwiazda Slaska (Sileasian Star). A larger piece (90mm x 90mm), four-piece construction with clasp suspension. Makers of Silesian stars included J. Walenta of Krakow and Galmet-Sosnowiec among others. Typically, these stars are seen with a screw-back suspension. Does anyone have information about the maker of this variant with rear clasp suspension?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  

?

That is beautiful.

Wonderful star Patryk I can't recall ever encountering that type of clasp. And the coinstruction is very unusual and interesting.

Posted below is a more conventional full size version of this star, is rare storage case.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread