Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

?

Quote by rsunday View Post
    Hello,
    Maybe it's Latvian?
    Rafal
    Yes, it might be...

Marcin Janiszewski
    ?

Hello Andy
    This is the badge of the Corps of Cadets No. 2 of Modlin. Number 21 is the year - then came this badge (year of manufacture). Earlier in the Corps was different badge. I am an instructor scout - just getting ready museum in Modlin. Perhaps you would be interested in transferring, selling badges and sunshine. We are also looking other memorabilia. Please contact

I came across this super photo and felt it worthwhile to post it here. It was taken some time from 1933 to 1935 at Modlin during a ceremony where the “Znak Pancerny” armoured corps badges were being awarded.

(click on photo to enlarge)
    Pre-war Badge thread

A little bit about the badge:

Initially approved on November 3, 1932. Standard measurements 40 x 35 mm. Silver badges were produced by Gontarczyk for issue to officers. These were serial numbered, with both stamped and manually engraved numbers. NCO’s and enlisted ranks badges were issued with badges made of silvered tombac, produced by Stanisław Reising.

The badge was to be worn on the left breast, 1 cm above the first uniform button. The use of this badge was carried on by the Polish Armed Forces in the West.

Here’s an example from my collection. It has what appears to be a period conversion to pinback, likely for ease of transfer between uniforms. My apologies if I’ve posted this badge previously.

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default 14 Pułk Ułanów Jazłowieckich Badge

This badge, belonging to my grandfather, Major Aleksander Rylke, was recently sent to me from a family member.

It is the miniature badge, presumably worn with their dress uniform?

Now, if only I could find the full size badge...

andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  

Hi Andy, the enameled officer grade badge of the 14th Jazłowiec Cavalry Regiment. Now, if only your family member could locate the full size badge, which would have been the version worn on the uniform rather than the miniature.

Here's a genuine example of the rarely seen full size badge:

(click on photo to magnify)
    Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Andy,

The genuine officer grade badge of the 14th Cavalry Regiment is extremely rare, even copies are difficult to find.

Please find enclosed photos of 100% genuine example with high quality picture of the reverse, which should help you to identify the original one. I will keep my fingers crossed for your successful search!!!

Pre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge thread

Good luck and cheers

Wow, that is immaculate. Thanks for sharing!

I came across this unusual variant of the badge of the Wyższa Szkoła Wojenna (Higher Military Academy) that I have not previously seen. It is not pictured in the few reference that cover this badge. The Nagalski version that is most commonly encountered is quite similar to the product of the other official maker, Gontarczyk (side by side views pictured below). Of course I welcome any comments, and perhaps someone viewing this thread is an owner of this rare version that can share better pictures.

Pre-war Badge thread

Common version:

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Tony

?

Hey guys,
    I would like to know your opinion on originality of the cross for the Lwow.
    Best regards,
    Alexandr
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  

Hi Tony and all forum members,

First of all I apologize for late reply to your interesting thread but I am still extremely busy.

I have seen this unusual variant of the Higher Military Academy Badge two times in the past: one in the auction house in Warsaw (probable the same as yours because with the Nagalski nut) and second – exactly the same but with the Gontarczyk nut, during the auction outside Poland (it was few years ago). Nevertheless, I assume that this is not genuine badge but some kind of fantasy or at least unofficial version…. why??? There are few reasons:

• only two official makers of this badge are known – majority of them was produced by Gontarczyk and minority by Nagalski – both variants, as Tony presented at the pictures, are very similar and very detailed with very high quality of production
    • none of these makers would be interested in producing of another variant because of expensive die and different two-part construction
    • this unusual variant is completely different from mentioned above versions and what is the most important it is different from the regulatory description (the eagle should stand on the letters SG)
    • low quality of the badge
    • this unusual variant have been seen with different nuts of the other makers
    • finally, badge presented by Tony is still unsold in the auction house for a very long time

Of course this is only my personal point of view without evidence-based knowledge.

Below you can find pictures of massive and hallmarked silver variant made by Nagalski with typical image of the badge.

Pre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Jacek

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast