Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

So much for worries, so little for consolation. That only confirms my doubts. Few years I encountered 5 Sanitar Batalion (from Cracow) by F. Malina made recently from original matrix with silver and makers mark. Fortunately my friend knew its "maker".

regards
    rotmeister

Quote by rotmeister View Post
    . . . I encountered 5 Sanitar Batalion (from Cracow) by F. Malina made recently from original matrix with silver and makers mark. Fortunately my friend knew its "maker".
    Bingo. As I said, one needs to be especially wary of the Krakow badges, and by extension some of the local dealers. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples are spoiling the bunch.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    More than once over the years I've heard that one needs to exercise particular caution with the Krakow badges. It is, shall we say, a known hotbed of creative entrepreneurial activity in the area of collectible military artifacts.(...)
    Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

That's correct. It's only regimental badges but also cap badges from the Krakow area one must be cautious about.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Thanks Kosa. I suppose it’s not entirely fair to single out Krakow, as the same warning applies to purchasing militaria from anyone anywhere. But Krakow has gained a bit of a reputation for producing some of the more deceptive fakes, such as the 122 Eskadra badge / document pairing covered in post #197 from back in 2010:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...agles-1980-20/

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Tony, perhaps it’s not entirely fair but Krakow counterfeiters are very skilled engravers and medaliers. They are professionals. Even seasoned collectors may fall prey to their forgeries because of very high quality of the fakes. Prices go up and the criminals follow the market.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Hi,
    Also many fakes of WW II docs come from Cracow and area.
    Rafal

a77
    ?

Hi.
    Here is 5th Zasławski Cavalry Regiment. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

?

Quote by a77 View Post
    Hi.
    Here is 5th Zasławski Cavalry Regiment. What do you think?
    Welcome to forum a77
    Genuine, NCO badge. This certain badge was lacquered in contrast to officers version, which was enameled. Everything with this badge looks correct, up to profile stamped technique. I'll give it 100% proof.
    Great find, rare version of NCO badge

a77
    ?

Thanks Jaxmon!

All the best,
    Andrzej

a77
    ?

Hello.
    What do you think about this badge? There are two opinions: first version of 1st Mounted Rifles Regiment (1 Pułk Strzelców Konnych), second version this is sport badge of 1 PSK officer's club.

Best regards,
    Andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast