Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

reverses
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  

additional images of 3rd Regiment of Legion
    ( I need info about first badge - eagle, swords and CWP )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

and to this hussards badge I will add scull

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    Not regiment badge ?
    thanx

Centrum Wyszkolenia Piechoty badge

CQE
    ?

Default Pierwszy Pulk

Here are my 2 badges for inspection. One is I Pulk and I don't know the other one.
    Please help!

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

The badge of the 1 Galician Ulans Regiment, a Polish unit within the Austro-Hungarian army pre-dating Polish independence. The one with the blue crescent is mystery. My guess would be that it is a piece of patriotic jewelry.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

CQE
    ?

Tony, thank you for a quick response.

You're most welcome.

While I'm at it, here's a stunning Michrowski made officer's 11th Field Artillery Badge that sold within the past two weeks (not to me ). Pre-war Polish artillery regiment badges are amongst the most beautiful, and most sought after. Hammer price 6952PLN.

(click on pics to magnify view)
    Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by CQE View Post
    Here are my 2 badges for inspection. One is I Pulk and I don't know the other one.
    Please help!
    Hello,

I would guess that your badge with the Light Blue Crescent (most probably made for wear when not in Uniform, for wearing on a suit lapel, or for a Girlfriend, Wife), would be from one of these Polish (Muslim) Tartar Regiments -

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu%C5%...zdy_Tatarskiej -

Formed in 1919, disbanded in 1920 (it shows the commanders (including Generał Brygady Aleksander Romanowicz), enlisted 1919 collar tabs (Since 1919, crimson patch, light blue tab. On the patch, emblem in the form of a crescent with an asterisk).

Regimental Pennant (Pennant aquamarine with a yellow crescent and a star. Lancers wore instead of rogatywek - sheepskin "papachy". The regiment had instead of the standard - buńczuk) and uniforms.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Szwadron_Tatarski -

Formed in 1936, disbanded in 1939. after the September Campaign (it shows the officers photographs, including Rotmistrz (Captain of the Cavalry), later (1938) Major Aleksander Jeljaszewicz).

It is a very well crafted enamelled badge, most likely reasonably rare, in this condition.

Justin

Pre-war Badge thread  
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread  Pre-war Badge thread  Pre-war Badge thread 

CQE
    ?

Thank you Justin for your effort.

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast