Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Great things you have there.I will post my ..POS . I know I know it's common thing it's easy to get you don't have to have big money to buy this.Yeah see you laughing there"Hey Hey Bob come and see .This guy posted . POS !" "Oh it's so booring it's not cool badge just ignore him let's ignore him!". Seriously I like design of this badge .This is 3rd grade.Maybe someone will post silver and gold one?Would be great to see . Anyone else love this little badges? Don't be shy just tell
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 

3mk
    ?

I like this badge too
    Its common but I still dont have one yet

Hi Mariusz, could you post photos of the 19 PP badge in more natural lighting, please?
    Regards, JKD

Quote by Semper Fidelis View Post
    . . . Anyone else love this little badges? Don't be shy just tell
    Of course! Nice art-deco styling very typical of the influence in much of 1930's Polish design.

General Ander's valued his so much it remained prominent at the top of his Sam Browne shoulder strap visible in many WW2 era photographs all the way through the post war years during veteran's functions.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

[QUOTE=3mk;155925]Hey Dastier and welcome to the forum

Would It be possible to get a shot of the back of the cross? Ive never seen a samaritan badge in that design.

Hi 3mk. Here's the back of this Samaritan badge:

The ruler on the bottom is in inches and on the left in cm. So the badge is about 1.5 inches tall and 3 cm. wide if that helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  

3mk
    ?

Hey Dastier,
    I think you did well

Heres another one up for sale but with a completly different design.
    Poland/Polish Good Samaritan Badge 1914 on eBay.ca (item 170496031081 end time 13-Jun-10 10:00:58 EDT)[/QUOTE]

That's a beautiful badge! To me the bird of prey on the top looks a lot like the Sokol falcon on belt buckles I have. Would make sense to me as Sokol was/is a fraternal organization and could have been involved in Samaritancool work in Poland.

Don't know what happened to the photo from the quote???

Just bought- Krzyż Legionowy : ).Hope you like it

Nice one Semper. Thanks for sharing
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony

I'm curious about silver proof hallmark on the back - some crosses show it some don't .Here you can see silver's proof Krzy? Legionów JP - Mirowski, srebro, menniczy! (1172994957) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro . In some references I've read that Krzyż Legionowy was made in white metal ( but they didn't write that it was in silver) . My question is - is it probably that officialy awarded cross don't have maker's mark and silver proof(like mine) and privately ordered do ? ( or maybe it's just chance.)

Just curious

Cheers.

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast