Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka

Article about: Hello, Could you tell me if my cap is 100% original pre-war, please ? Unfortunately, the pale colour of the khaki and blue wool is due to bright light. Could you tell me which Wz it is, plea

Default Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka

Hello,

Could you tell me if my cap is 100% original pre-war, please ?

Unfortunately, the pale colour of the khaki and blue wool is due to bright light.

Could you tell me which Wz it is, please ?

As it is not stiffened with a metal frame, I think it must be earlier than a Wz.35.

I think as the rank insignia is backed with red material, it means he served in the Army infantry (piechoty) reserves.

Interestingly the buttons and side badge seem to be made out of wood.

I have attached the photos.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka   Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka  

Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka   Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka  

Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka   Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka  

Default Re: Pre-War Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich rogatywka

Justin, I recall seeing this wz.27 cap on the market several years back. Although the pictures are very weak, to my eyes at least it looks OK. Fabric uppers are of the correct looking material, and visor looks right. I’m quite certain the chin strap buttons and podhale insignia are well oxidized metal rather than wood.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne