Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle

Article about: Hello, Mike. Did you see my earlier comments ? I have thoroughly examined it from the outside and there are no German occupation markings. It has extremely clear Polish markings on the stock

Default Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle

I won this Polish Wz.29 rifle, is it 100% original pre-war, please ?

Are the numbers 100% correct for pre-war, please ?

I have attached the photos.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle   Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle  

Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle   Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle  

Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle   Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle  

Default Re: Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle

Poland produced at least 400,000 wz.29's altogether. Looks like a good one pre ww2 any numbers on the bolt?

ERIC

Justin, the wz.29 looks good. I'll repeat ez1969's question about the bolt . . . any numbers? Polish soldiers removed and disposed with the bolt if they believed their firearm would end up in enemy hands. Most of these have a German bolt as a result. Good looking sling on it too. Appears that it may be original, which would be a real bonus.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I'll add this illustration:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

1937 sounds like pre-war to me............

Seems to be a nice example of 1937 production. Metal parts looks good, no german modifications. Same with the stock, i can't noticed any changes. There should be serial number and polish eagle stamped on the lower part of the grip. Take a look. You should be able to see same full lenght number with letter at the end as it is stamped on the left side of the chamber. I can't see the details of leather belt, specialy belt's buckle. It seems a bit too small for a polish one ...

Hard to tell without a closer look but it appears to be a German bolt. Polish bolts were left in the white. Other than that it looks fine.

Can't comment about the sling though - not my expertise.

Hello,

Thank you for the replies.

My rifle is one of my best items in my pre-war Polish collection.

I have thoroughly examined it from the outside and there are no German occupation markings.

It has extremely clear Polish markings on the stock and crowned Polish inspection Eagles on the barrel just ahead of the bolt near the "F B Radom" markings and also on the ball of the bolt.

It only has one mismatched number on the casing of the front sight (near the cleaning rod hole - 3 figure number).

The only disappointment is that the sling and cleaning rod seem to have been mislaid somewhere on its journey to me.

I will add the extra photos as soon as possible with all the markings.

justin1939

Quote by dastier View Post
    Hard to tell without a closer look but it appears to be a German bolt. Polish bolts were left in the white. Other than that it looks fine.

Can't comment about the sling though - not my expertise.
    In my opinion it's ok. Could be re-finished in black after war or even recently.

Would like to see pics of the bolt, if its Polish it will have an eagle on the bolt handle ball.

I'm suspecting that it was taken into German service. Many of the parts that should be in the white appear black. It looks a lot like my German Capture wz.29 which is serialized where its not supposed to be.

Too bad about the cleaning rod and sling. Authentic wz.29 cleaning rod are hard to come by.

Justin, would you post pics of your wz.29 in the new sticky please. Its still a nice matching wz.29.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast