MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Pre-war Uniforms thread!

Article about: Hey guys post pictures of pre-war uniforms in your collection Tony lets get some close ups on the officers uniform handing on your door Ill suprise you guys one day

ccj
    ?

Default Re: Pre-war Uniforms thread!

How can I get a copy of each of these without having access to a Polish site for purchase?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    It can be confusing as both books that have similar titles, and by the same primary author. One of them is essentially a photo book of Polish military uniforms from the 17th century until just after WW2 whereas the other is a detailed study of the various uniforms and their components during the 2nd Republic era. Both books are well worth owning.

Regards,
    T.

ccj, the larger format book does come up on ebay every so often. Also, I’m quite certain there are US based Polish booksellers that should be able to obtain both books for you. To find them you’ll need to invest some time on Google though.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

One book you were looking for is already available and the other is in preparation. Both are about polish uniforms and equipment before 1939 campaign.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Uniforms thread!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Uniforms thread! 

Hello. Please help to ID this tunic. I think it is pre WW2, Buttons are large. ThanksPre-war Uniforms thread!

Mr. Koval, I can’t tell you too much from this picture other than it is the pre-WW2 wz.36 pattern. But keep in mind that the vast majority of the ones found in this condition are post war, during which the wz.36 pattern was retained. Is there a tailor’s label? Do the buttons have crowned eagles and maker marked?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Tony. Those large buttons have crowned Eagle. On the back marked GUZPOL 1937 WARSZAWA. If there was ever a label , it is gone. Most of small repairs were made in sleeves area. Got tunic along with pictured rogatywka. Not sure if they are directly related. Rogatywka got crowned Eagle badge as well as side buttons, sweat band is blue? leather. I have no idea about time period except that most likely it is also pre WW2. I am sure someone will give me more specs. Thank you in advance. FK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Uniforms thread!   Pre-war Uniforms thread!  

Hi again FK,

First off, re the tunic, it’s impossible to determine time period from these weak images. In fact, regardless of picture quality a hands-on inspection is necessary. And even then it’s not always possible to be absolutely certain.

The lack of a tailors label for an officer’s tunic is always a major strike against. Pre-war buttons are a positive sign, but these could have been added – and often are. Also worth noting is that pre-war vintage parts did find their way onto post-war Polish People’s Army uniforms and caps at the time they were made.

I’ve seen countless such tunics on the market, and invariably they are post war made with replaced parts. As you know, genuine pre-WW2 uniforms and caps are few and far between – with many collectors aggressively chasing them. Very few survived the war years and the decades since intact.

The general’s rogatywka with blue hat band is not pre-WW2. This is a Polish People’s Army configuration. On closer inspection it appears to be a modern knock off of an LWP cap, in a wz.27 pattern for some reason. The eagle is a fake as well. Hope that you did not pay too much for it.

Sorry for the less than enthusiastic assessment, but better the truth than falsely believing these items are something that they are not.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Charles,
    I have my copy coming from a guy who purchased it from a company called Hero Collection which sews uniforms for all sorts of movies.
    Im a member of alot of Polish reenacting forums so Ill keep an eye out for you,I can guarantee Ill find you one.

Theres are a few companies/people selling these uniforms,They accept Western Union money transfers and money sent from your bank account to theres,If you want I can get you in contact with them
    Hi Emil,

Did you ever get your copy of Polski Mundur Wojskowy 1918-1939 by Henryk Wielecki? I'm still looking for one (I have the big picture book).

Do you have any leads? BTW i joined the Polish Reenactors Message Boards. Time I started looking for reenacting items for myself. I'm using the same name there as here.

Mike, the best price I could find is here: POLSKI MUNDUR WOJSKOWY 1918-1939 HENRYK WIELECKI (3000315763) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Although everything on the page is in Polish there's an email address given, so go ahead and send an email in English and you'll likely get a reply.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Uniforms thread!  

Quote by gretza View Post
    One book you were looking for is already available and the other is in preparation. Both are about polish uniforms and equipment before 1939 campaign.
    Just wanted to add to this older post (#23) that “Wrzesien 1939” is really a super book. Although all in Polish it’s still a worthwhile pick up for those that don’t read the language as it is it is chock full of photos showing many of the ‘September’ treasures stored in the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw. Plenty of uniforms, equipment, regalia and everything in between. Really whets the appetite for my visit there later this year. The presentation is well executed, and quality is top notch.

Regards,
    T.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast