Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Rogatywka field cap

Article about: I was hoping to get some help on dating this Rogatywka. Also the eagle looks strange, is this normal?

Default Rogatywka field cap

I was hoping to get some help on dating this Rogatywka. Also the eagle looks strange, is this normal?Rogatywka field capRogatywka field cap

The eagle is a Polish Armed Forces in the West pattern that has been sewn onto a post war Soviet occupation era field rogatywka. So it is technically a mismatch.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks mate. It really strange, its the third of its kind ive found in Australia. One side cap and two of these, all have the same liner and eagle, both the field caps were identical. Someone must be mocking them up using the same technique.

The field caps are mock ups for certain. The FS cap likely also as metal eagles are typically used exclusively with these. Fabric eagles are most commonly found on berets and GS caps.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

This rogatywka is probably post war wzór 1949.