Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

silesian uprising cross

Article about: hello i'm looking infmroation about the attachd cross,especially i wich era it was awarded?what means the six armed star on the ribbon.i have an opportunity to buy it i do not know what priz

Default silesian uprising cross

hello
    i'm looking infmroation about the attachd cross,especially i wich era it was awarded?what means the six armed star on the ribbon.i have an opportunity to buy it i do not know what prize wil be good i dont want to make a mistake
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture silesian uprising cross   silesian uprising cross  

silesian uprising cross   silesian uprising cross  

silesian uprising cross   silesian uprising cross  

Hi Michal, this is the Silesian Cross of Valour and Merit. Awarded during the Polish 2nd Republic era to participants of the Upper Silesian Uprisings in 1919-1921. The star affixed to the ribbon signifies that the recipient was involved in direct combat. The star should technically be a five pointed type. Authenticity is difficult to judge from these photos. The cross was produced over a span of several years, by more than one maker, and they have variations in the details. You’ll need to provide more photos, or do more research. We do not get into offering market values here, but a scan of the web should pick up prior sales results.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thank You very much
    tommorow i will add a better macro pictures
    best regards