Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange markings on original S. wz. 34 Ludwikow sabre

Article about: Hello, i have a question to the experts for the Ludwikowka. I just see a very interesting S. wz. 34 and it has on the back of the blade instead of the regular serial number, for exampe "

?

Default Strange markings on original S. wz. 34 Ludwikow sabre

Hello,

i have a question to the experts for the Ludwikowka. I just see a very interesting S. wz. 34 and it has on the back of the blade instead of the regular serial number, for exampe "D 5847 K2", just an "H" and an "S". On the scabbard this sabre has a high 4-digit number, no "H" on the other side. The sabre has one ring on the scabbard.

This is a very curious and rare find i think. I never heard from such markings before. I know the officers markings, for example "H 127", but never i have seen such markings. Ist his maybe a Generals sabre? In the Warsaw Museum ist the peace from Rydz-Smygly, also marked with "HL 35", but marked on the side of the blade.

This peace is original in every little peace. I was really impressed, how the blade of the sabre fits in the scabbard – marvellous peace of work, fits accurate on an millimeter.

Did anyone of you have a clue, what sabre this is? There is a fight between buyers for this sabre going on. :-)

Best regards

Omega

Pictures ?

?

Sorry, but no pictures of rare peaces like this.

Could somebody mak a contact to Jan januszek, who is the expert for this sabre?

?

Are you talking about the sword from the German forum?