Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tanker picture

Article about: Hi All, I found this picture in the vastness of cyberspace. Maybe someone is interested in these subjects... tanks, tanker's uniforms, etc. To whom it may concern... enjoy

?

Default Tanker picture

Hi All,
    I found this picture in the vastness of cyberspace. Maybe someone is interested in these subjects... tanks, tanker's uniforms, etc. To whom it may concern... enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tanker picture  

is that dagger Slovakian?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, it's a Polish wz.24 (1924 pattern), essentially the same as the wz.24/37 pictured here, minus the white metal oxidized metal fittings mandated in 1936.

Tanker picture

Regards,
    Tony

P.S. great pic Simon. Thanks for sharing
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

nice to that Poland was not all horses and lances.

That's a great photo!....

The tank is one of the early Renault FT's from 1918, widely distributed across the world after the Great War and built without licencing restrictions by many countries including the U.S. It has been described in tank histories as "The world's first modern tank."
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice to that Poland was not all horses and lances.
    Even after 75 years Goebbels’ propaganda stubbornly still lives on!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

That is a handsome and well crafted dagger!!...it shows strength and character..... great photo Tony!! i would not mind to have one of these in my collection. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The gentleman on this picture is Colonel Patryk O'Brien de Lacy who was the head of Technical Research Armored Arms Bureau (B.B.T. Br.Panc.) in Warsaw.
    Full biography of O'Brien de Lacy can be found here:

Patryk O& – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

?

Strange photo, no eagle on beret, no ranks too, or maybe plutonowy- three straps
    on shoulder probably three straps too, dragger for oficers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast