Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Uniform identification.

Article about: Good day all. I just joined and was hoping to get information on my grandfather. I have a picture of him and his brother in a military uniform. Was hoping to find out about the uniform and p

Spydorman
    ?

Default Uniform identification.

Good day all. I just joined and was hoping to get information on my grandfather.
    I have a picture of him and his brother in a military uniform. Was hoping to find out about the uniform and possibly any of the badges/medals they are wearing. Thank you for your help in advance.

Thank you,
    Jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform identification.   Uniform identification.  

Hello

Welcome on the Forum!

Photos say that they served in one of the Podhale Rifles (Mountain) Regiment (see collar badges).
    Soldier from the 1st photo probably served in the 6th Rgt garrisoned in Sambor as he has regimental badge on his uniform (bottom). Upper badge is a shooting badge.
    On the right breast (his right) he has Panstwowa Odznaka Sportowa - State (National) Sport Badge.

On second photo the soldier has the same badge and probably shooting badge below.
    Greetings
    Rafal

Great photo's Spydorman, do you have many story you can share about your Grandfather and his Brother? They fought in the 1939 defence campaign?

Spydorman
    ?

Thank you so much for the information. Now I know where to start looking for more.

Unfortunately I don't have any other details. The only info on the pictures was the date, 1937. I am doing a family history and found these pictures. My baba and dido were from Ukraine. After that, they were in a German Displaced Persons Camp somewhere near Hanover in 1950, and came to Canada in 1951. My dido passed away in 1987 and my baba is ill and will not talk about the "old country", so I am trying to do all of this on my own with the help of nice people like yourselves on message boards.
    Once again, thank you very much.
    Jason

High boots plus sabre seems more like Podhale artillery nor infantry Both pictures taken around 1927-30 in my opinion.

Hello , welcome to the forum Jason. Those are fantastic images of your grandfather. I cannot help you out I am afraid but it is still a pleasure to see these pictures. Leon.