Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

At the moment this catalog is the best
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Here is rather unique photo of a Polish Lt. Colonel with three Virtuti Militari crosses. I saw this photo a while back for sale somewhere, allegro most likely. I don't really know the types that are shown and not really sure why showing all three on the uniform?
    Regards,
    Pawel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Pawel,

This is Gustaw Paszkiewicz, shown here as a Lieutenant Colonel. He was award the 3rd, 4th, and 5th classes of the VM, which he proudly displays in this early portrait photo. He was promoted to general in 1924.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default VM good or bad?

Hi Guys,

I've purchased this numbered VM recently. Hope it's ok but want to make sure.
    What's Your opinion?

rotmeister
    Attached Images Attached Images Virtuti Militari Thread  Virtuti Militari Thread 

Hello rotmeister,

No problem at all with this cross. A good looking first “barrel suspension” issue Krupski i Matulewicz. The barrel suspension design was weak and tended to break, so the suspension system was revised using two rings.

Nice cross. Congratulations. Do you know who it was awarded to?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello rotmeister,

A nice addittion to your collection, the cross Nr. 3195 was awarded to:

Surname: FILIPOW

Christian Name: Jan

In the Register of Recipients of the Virtuti Militari, Wesolowski add's that it was awarded for the Defence of Lwow.

I hope that you donot mind me listing the recipients details.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Cam anyone shed some light on VM # 2137, please?

Hello Jaxmon,

Many thanks for your post the Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered: 2137 was awarded to:

Surname: SULERZYSKI

Christian Name: Kazimierz

Regiment: 67 Pulk Piechoty

I will look through the Rocznik Oficerski to find more information for you

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Again Jaxmon,

I have gone through the Rocznik Oficerski and found the following information on Kazimierz Sulerzyski:

1923 Pages: 362 & 483 List him as a Kapitan Reserve in the 82PP with Seniority of 1546 from 1st June 1919

1924 Pages: 315 & 424 List him still as a Kapitan Reserve in the 82PP with seniority now upto 1356.

1928: Not Listed

1932: Not Listed

1934: Reserve Officers Pages: 254 & 983 Born 1st March 1892, Living in Poznan City now with seniority upto 491.

That is all that I could find, I hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank You andrzejku98 for Your reply. These were very helpful. Is there any site on the web, where I can find list of awarded with VM?

cheers
    rotmeister

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast