Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

?

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    Can we see this order ?
    Sorry Igor, I don't own this cross It is exactly the same like one described in post # 95

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Sorry Igor, I don't own this cross It is exactly the same like one described in post # 95
    and like this cross another VIRTUTI MILITARI ?

cross sold very expencive ?

Good day.
    I think I have a copy of the Exiles Corps.
    Apparently it bears the stamp of a manufacturer of France in the ring.

Bom dia.
    Acredito ter um exemplar do Corpo de Exilados.
    Aparentemente ela tem o carimbo de um fabricante da França no anel.

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

?

I believe this is made by Arthus-Bertrand of Paris.

I tried to catch as much of the photo, I think it worked to see the jeweler. !!

Tentei pegar o máximo da foto, acho que deu certo para ver o joalheiro.!!

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

Hello Milton, thanks for posting this interesting French made VM. This cross is not an Arthus Bertrand product. Those crosses are of a different and unique style, and seem to have influenced the WW2 era Spink & Son cross:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Arthus Bertrand maker mark:

Virtuti Militari Thread

The cross you posted appears to be the one briefly mentioned in an article published in Polish periodical Mundur i Broń (number 1/(2)/2000). The makers name is not provided, and not much more information is given other than there are two known versions, one being silver (yours) and the other silver plated brass, and that this is likely a post World War II made cross. So it is entirely possible that your cross may have been the property of a veteran of the Polish Exiled Armed Forces.

Are you able to try again with a close up photo of the maker mark? It would be worth the effort to try to ID the maker. I find that a sunny day with the sun at a steep angle to the mark usually provides the best results.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello, Tony.
    The stamp is very weak, I tried as much as the camera can focus.
    With the 10x lens, it is to see that the stamp begins with the letter "A".
    As the medal is: 37,89mm x 37,62mm
    Weight: 17,05gr

Olá,Tony.
    O Carimbo está bem fraco, tentei o máximo que a máquina Fotográfica pode focar.
    Com a lente de 10x, tem como ver que o carimbo começa com a letra "A".
    A medida da medalha é: 37,89mm x 37,62mm
    Peso: 17,05gr

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

I think it's likely to be of an exiled military.
    The interesting thing here in Brazil, does not have an exhibition specialized in the sale of medals and orders. Generally medals are bought in small fairs Antiques, selling everything. Medals are sold by the children and grandchildren of veterans for these small businesses.
    Brazil is a country that has always accepted well abroad, so many refugees made a new life here. A part of my family came to Brazil, fleeing the Russian Revolution. My Great Grandmother was Imperial soldier and almost all my relatives were killed at this time.
    Thus we had many refugees from WWI and WWII, also other wars ...
    I live in the city Sao Paulo and in my neighborhood, has many families from Germany who came to live here after WWII. In the years 70 and 80 was common FIND in second-hand clothing stores, tunics and other objects Germany WWII.

Acho que é provavel que seja de um militar exilado.
    O interessante aqui no Brasil, tem não uma feira especializada na venda de Medalhas e Ordens. Geralmente as medalhas são compradas em pequenas feiras de Antiguidades, que vendem de tudo. As medalhas são vendida pelos filhos e netos dos veteranos para estes pequenos comerciantes.
    O Brasil é um País que sempre aceitou bem o estrangeiro, desta forma muitos refugiados fizeram uma nova vida aqui. Uma parte da minha família veio para o Brasil, fugindo da Revolução Russa. Meu Bisavó era Soldado Imperial e praticamente todos os meus parentes foram mortos nesta época.
    Desta forma tivemos muitos refugiados das WWI e WWII, também de outras Guerras...
    Eu moro na Cidade São Paulo e no meu Bairro, tem muitas famílias da Alemanha que vieram morar aqui depois da WWII. Nos anos de 70 e 80 era comum encontar em lojas de roupas de segunda mão, Túnicas e outros objetos da Alemanha WWII.

Hello Martin, thanks for some background information about you and your family, and also for the additional photographs of the makers mark. These photos are slightly better but still not sufficiently clear to discern adequate detail in order to provide an identification. You may want to try gently rubbing the mark area with a soft dry cloth. This will hopefully enhance readability by brightening the top surface of the lettering.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I think Tony, that cross is made by Arthus Bertrand. The image of maker's mark you provided belongs to A. Bacqueville of Paris. I attached scan of Arthus Bertrand mark.
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images Virtuti Militari Thread 

Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast