Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello guys,

I would like to show you my new VM 5th class with a silver. The cross was produce in Warsaw after 1931 by Jozef Knedler "Spadkobiercy" I don't have ribbon to this cross. You can se maker mark and silver stamp on the reverse.

Regards
    Rafal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Rafal, a beautiful cross, and in top condition. These Knedler VM's are of superb quality, befitting one of pre-WW2 Poland's best makers. Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your collection.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello again,

One more VM 5th class, this time I would like to show you very rare tombak restrike with a "big number" (chaplain Stanislaw Zytkiewicz).
    This cross was produce in Warsaw before 1926. Look on the eagle, this is a first type of Jan Knedler's VM. On the forum the people asked about maker mark on Knedler crosses. Sometimes we can see JK (rare marked mark) and IK (popular marked Mark). Jan Knedler had a workshop in Warsaw and he made a lot of awards with JK marked Mark. He died in 1926 and his son Josef Knedler was a new owner. Urzad probierczy in Warsaw (Anthony please translate) ordered to change marked mark. That's why on the "old crosses" we can see JK. After 1926 Jan's son Josef used marked mark IK, other type of eagle and wreath twisted two ways.

Regards
    Rafal

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

Quote by MARYNARZ View Post
    . . . On the forum the people asked about maker mark on Knedler crosses. Sometimes we can see JK (rare marked mark) and IK (popular marked Mark). Jan Knedler had a workshop in Warsaw and he made a lot of awards with JK marked Mark. He died in 1926 and his son Josef Knedler was a new owner. Urzad probierczy in Warsaw (Anthony please translate) ordered to change marked mark. That's why on the "old crosses" we can see JK. After 1926 Jan's son Josef used marked mark IK, other type of eagle and wreath twisted two ways.
    Excellent information Rafal, thank you. Please keep these nuggets of information coming!

Re translation for "Urząd Probierczy . . ." - this is the Warsaw Assay Office.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

777flier
    ?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have just noticed for sale on Allegro the Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Nr: 928, which was awarded to Franciszek Edward Pfeiffer the photograph in the Legitymacja shows him as a Major with the VM (Silver Cross), KN, KW x 4, KZ etc.

You might say so what, nothing unusual about that, but wait Major Pfeiffer went on to be a General Brygady (only 3 months before he died in 1964) also awarded the Virtuti Militari Gold Cross.

There arn't many opportunities to purchase a future Generals award Legitymacja.

It can be found on Allegro in the Polish Medals section pre 1939 last item on the page.

I have also listed below a brief outline of his career:

Born in Lodz 21st Jan 1895

Kpt - 1st June 1919

Mjr - 1st January 1928

Pplk - 1st Jan 1936

Plk - 27th August 1944

Gen.Bryg. 19th March 1964

Died in London 13th June 1964.

The link for the we page is: VIRTUTI MILITARI - legitymacja nr. 928 , UNIKAT (2699016813) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Best of Luck

Andrzejku

To buy this once in a lifetime item, it will cost you £455.32p plus postage.
    Hello Andrzejku,

Just found this forum while doing an online search. Brig. Gen. Franciszek Edward Pfeiffer was my grandfather. How would it be possible to find out where the Virtuti Militari Cross ended up?

Cheers

Hello and welcome to the forum. While we await Andrzej’s comments I’ll chime in by stating the obvious that finding the original issue cross may prove to be a case of the proverbial needle in a haystack, assuming that it has survived somewhere. After thoroughly scouring the web, including running his cross number in the searches, your next step should be to contact the seller of the award document via Allegro channels. In addition to asking about the cross I’d want to obtain the contact info for the buyer of that ID booklet in order to try to pry it away. The next step would be with the family, which you may have already tried considering you are in the bloodline. If you don’t find the cross anywhere here then at the very least you may get some leads to follow, such as possible donations to museums, past sale, etc. Otherwise you could try contacting the Sikorski Museum in London as well as the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw, and any of the other militaria museums in Poland. It’ll be a bit of a wild goose chase at this stage, but one never knows what may come up. Be patient and be thorough, but don’t hold your breath. Best wishes to you.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello 777Flier,

May I also welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your Grandfathers Virtuti Militari Legitymacja that was for sale on Allegro apporximately 3 years ago. I do not have any further information other than the attached photograph of the Legitymacja

Virtuti Militari Thread

With regards to your Grandfathers awards, have you asked your father and other relatives to establish if he was buried with them, not unknown.

If your relatives do not know then you might has Tony stated write to the PISM in London (Sikorski Museum) to enquire if they know where your Grandfathers medals are.

Apologies for not being able to answer your question further.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone and a Happy New Year to all,

I came across this Virtuti Militari Legitymacja whilst surfing,

Virtuti Militari Thread

click on photo to enlarge in a new tab

awarded to Kpt pil. Stanislaw Skarzynski

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you, and all the best to you Andrzej and also all of our contributing members here.

Before leaving I'll post this beautiful Owczarski wtórnik VM that got away on my this past year. Can't win 'em all!

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi wonder if you could help me please ? I have posted a thread yesterday asking for info on a Polish paratrooper, to find out if he was awarded a virtuti militari . Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Steve

- - ------- - -

Hi wonder if you could help me please ? I have posted a thread yesterday asking for info on a Polish paratrooper, to find out if he was awarded a virtuti militari . Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Steve

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast