Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hi Steve, an answer has been posted here:

Polish Para Info

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

My new cross Virtuti Militari. KiM.Virtuti Militari Thread

Hello wojtgda84 . . . Wojtek maybe?

Thanks for sharing your new acquisition. Any pictures of the reverse available? Was the VM award diploma document the cross is resting on also included in the purchase?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default Hello Tony. Yes Wojtek ;)

This is only cross....Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

?

Not looking good... It is "wtornik" at the most.
    Last edited by jaxmon; 03-22-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks Wojt. I now recognize this cross as having been listed on Allegro several months back. Jaxmon echoes an unease with this VM that others have also expressed. There’s good reason to suspect that this is not a genuine government issue VM. Back when it was listed I checked it against a genuine VM and found some areas of concern. I am away from home at the moment but will post more information later.

Regards,
    Tony

Wojtek, did You buy that Cross at Allegro auction ? Or did You buy it somewhere else ?

Hello guys,

In my opinion this is prewar Virtuti Militari 5th class but "wtornik". I compared this cross with Kim and for me this "wtornik" is very good quality, details are very nice. The eagle is the same like Krupski and Matulewicz (crosses with a number from 1 till 5500). Very often the craftsmans borrowed a matrix. In this time the matrix was very expensive. Example, Jozef Knedler borrowed for Miecznik. Till now we can found many type of crosses without the maker's name. Please look on this photos and tell me who produced this prewar VM 5th class (ribbon is from PRL). One guy told me "this is Zygmaniak from Poznan". Remember, still we learn a history of Virtuti Militari
    Wojtek, in my opinion your cross is ok, this is prewar "wtornik" who produced? I don't know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

?

Quote by MARYNARZ View Post
    Hello guys,

In my opinion this is prewar Virtuti Militari 5th class but "wtornik". I compared this cross with Kim and for me this "wtornik" is very good quality, details are very nice. The eagle is the same like Krupski and Matulewicz (crosses with a number from 1 till 5500). Very often the craftsmans borrowed a matrix. In this time the matrix was very expensive. Example, Jozef Knedler borrowed for Miecznik. Till now we can found many type of crosses without the maker's name. Please look on this photos and tell me who produced this prewar VM 5th class (ribbon is from PRL). One guy told me "this is Zygmaniak from Poznan". Remember, still we learn a history of Virtuti Militari
    Wojtek, in my opinion your cross is ok, this is prewar "wtornik" who produced? I don't know
    I agree. It is wtornik at the best. Question is, did he pay for "nadaniowy" or for "wtornik" cross. I saw similar cross for sale at DUKAT numismatic store in Krakow, advertised as "nadaniowy" cross.

Hello again,

I forgot show you my new VM with a documents. This is a best position in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast