Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

?

My latest addition. Pre-WW2, French manufacture, Virtuti Militari 5th class. Front and back medallions attached with a single peg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Nice Bertrand Rare cross. Great way to start off the new year. I know you won’t be stopping there Simon . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thanks Tony One can only hope for the future And I won't be stopped there

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Nice Bertrand Rare cross. Great way to start off the new year. I know you won’t be stopping there Simon . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    picture from DELANDE catalogue
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Igor, are you able to post a photo the cover of this catalogue?

Here's is an excerpt from an study on French made VM's written by one of the foremost experts on the subject, Arkadiusz Pawlowski. The cross discussed here is a pre-war made example like Jaxmon's (click on images to magnify view):

Virtuti Militari Thread

I purchased this post war made version of the cross from Wojciech Stela, author of a recently released book on the VM and well known expert on Polish badges and decorations.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Mr. Stela told me that he purchased it along with the remaining Polish items stored in the vault while on a visit to Bertrands shop in Paris back in the 1990's.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default Small Virtuti Militari set number 4548

I would like to show you my new VM 5th class with documents. This is first cross in my collection with two documents. I found information about Antoni Pajak (SPIDER) on this website:

Paj

If someone could help me identify this legionary?

Regards
    MARYNARZ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Wonderful “Holy Trinity” set. And of course, the Lit-Bial cross and award document are just more icing on the cake. I can count one hand how many such VM sets I’ve seen containing issue cross, diploma and the 1933 ‘transit pass’. Seldom encountered. Congratulations on a super acquisition and thank you for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
    Tony

I have in my collection most rare and most WANTED Virtuti Militari document, please have a look
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Default VM with TS stamp

I have a few questions regarding this piece. TS stands for the jewellery shop owned by T. Iwanski and E. Slezaka. I don’t have any knowledge of this jewellery shop. Does anyone know which years they produced VM? Did they only produce VM or other decorations as well? Which year was this VM produced?
    Any help will be appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

I came across these photographs of French Recipients of the Virtuti Militari which I thought I would share with you :

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Maxime Weygand Virtuti Militari Commanders Cross Numbered : 8, and the Silver Cross Numbered : 3

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Gaston Billote Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 28 (notice also the ribbon for the 1918-1921 War Medal)

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Paul Pau Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6048

Virtuti Militari Thread

Marshal of France Emile Fayolle Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered 6049

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Edmond Buat Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6052

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Noel de Curieres de Castelnau Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6053

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Louis Archinard Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6056

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Louis Maurin Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6061

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Pierre Henri Desticker Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6066

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Henri Albert Niessel Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6095

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Marie Eugene Debeney Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 6147 (plus OOP Star).

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. to enlarge click on the photographs to open in a new window then click them again

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast