Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

?

Hello Andrzej - thank you again for your assistance I will write to the PISM to see what they can come up with - I had not spotted the drop down menu the first time I visited. I am intrigued by your comments regarding the ribbon bars - my sister and I were deliberating about the Africa Star as there was no medal that we could see on the image I sent you and decided that as he had been taken to the hospital in North Africa following his injuries at MC that he would not have been awarded it, but obviously he must have been and I can now clearly see the 39-45 ribbon but it definitely was not attached to the Star on the table. Thanks again.
    Hanka

Quote by MARYNARZ View Post
    I would like to show you first page from my calendar and the cover. Every month I will add one page on Warrelics forum. The calendar includes six pages with Cross of Valour (odd months) and six pages with a Virtuti Militari Cross (even months). All calendars were sold in Nov/Dec 2016 Kind regards
    Mr. Marynarz, thanks for your post . A beautiful and quality produced calendar that I was fortunate to purchase before they quickly sold out. Currently proudly on display at work in my office. Only one problem though. It's a daily reminder than I am jealous of your collection

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I am curious if list of soldiers awarded with Virtuti Militari IV class exists.
    Could anybody share some information, please?

Hi Simon, yes it does. Here are some quick pics from Wes list (sorry about the quality). Click on pics to magnify:

IIRP awards:

Virtuti Militari Thread

PSZ awards:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you Tony, Much obliged

Hello Everyone,

Whilst doing some surfing only on the net of course I came across this photograph taken on the 4th May 1923 outside the Belweder Palace the residence of Marshal Pilsudski.

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Kazimierz Sosnkowski Marshal of Poland Ferdinand Foch and Marshal of Poland Józef Pilsudski.

Note that Marshal Foch is wearing the Virtuti Militari Sash of the Grand Cross the Breast Star and the Silver Cross rev Numbered 7 and the Star of the Order of the White Eagle.

click to enlarge the photograph in a new window

Best wishes

Andrzej

Here are some pictures of a VM Cross. This one, and ones that look like it were supposedly made in the City of Poznan, Poland in the 1970's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

From what I understand these Crosses were also made of Silver. In the 1970's there were not many VM collectors, so possibly these were made for the Veterans themselves.
    These Crosses are smaller than the genuine ones, the small suspension is one of the characteristics of these Crosses.

Here it is, compared to the genuine Cross of the period.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

?

Numbers font differs as well.

Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast