Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello. I bought these two V.M. a short time ago (They're on their way). What the experts say about them.
    Unfortunately I do not have better photos.

Virtuti Militari Thread

The Best

W.L

?

Cross in the middle is a copy.
    Cross on the right appears to be genuine, Polish government ordered issue, made by Krupski & Matulewicz before WWII. Would be good to see the other side, to confirm its authenticity. There should be a number present.

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Cross in the middle is a copy.
    Cross on the right appears to be genuine, Polish government ordered issue, made by Krupski & Matulewicz before WWII. Would be good to see the other side, to confirm its authenticity. There should be a number present.
    I still do not know. Only when I arrive that I will be sure .. my lack of experience in the purchase of the Polish medals .. However I did not pay much. I will have to wait a few days .. but I will arrange for the return of V.M (copy) for another medal.

W.L

?

Would be great to see reverse side of your cross. The number on the back is crucial to determine its authenticity.
    Here is something to compare your VM with. Made in the same period of time:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Everyone,

Up for sale on Allegro at this moment is a Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered 3083 awarded to Plut Romuald Ganowicz 2PUL (later Ppor AK during WW2)

Virtuti Militari Thread

click to enlarge in a new window

Here is the link

LEGITYMACJA VIRTUTI MILITARI 2 PU

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Would be great to see reverse side of your cross. The number on the back is crucial to determine its authenticity.
    Here is something to compare your VM with. Made in the same period of time:
    Unfortunately I can not know until the Cross arrives ... I asked the seller what number on the back of the cross .. he said 1792 ... ...

Well ... Iacta alea est !

"The more the expectation, the greater the disappointment can be" so I have to keep calm

?

Hello, I would like to know your opinion about this cross. Is it a genuine, Polish government issue? Letter A is quite suspicious for me...

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

?

Quote by Argonne1918 View Post
    Unfortunately I can not know until the Cross arrives ... I asked the seller what number on the back of the cross .. he said 1792 ... ...

Well ... Iacta alea est !

"The more the expectation, the greater the disappointment can be" so I have to keep calm
    Drink tea and keep calm
    Maybe 1792 is recipient number as well. That would be a nice coincidence. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO RECEIVED VM #1792?
    Don't despair, your cross is looking very, very promising.

?

Hello Awoy, welcome to our forum
    Your cross is definitely NOT genuine Polish government issue. It is a copy or in the best case scenario replacement (wtornik), made on recipient request.

Hello Jaxmon,

The recipient of the Virtuti Militari Numbered 1792 was Podporucznik Konstanty Zaborowski, 5th Infantry Division (5DP) award announced in Daily Orders dated 16th February 1921.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast